Trapshooters Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Banned
404 Posts
You got that right Randy. When I finally got rid of mine I actually had a going away party for it. Never again will I own one no matter what the cost.
Several of us bought them, including my late father. Clumsy, ugly, truly tragic trigger, odd / clumsy balance, and just a pantload to use. Sadly clumsy and slow to load as well. That Browning recalled all of them initially, and that Browning insisted you send them to them to clean them didn't help.

It was mercifully, quickly discontinued by Browning due to popular complaint.

·
Registered
30,398 Posts
yawn...........

It's okay, Randy, some of us are better at knowing how to handle different types of shotguns than others. It's nothing to be ashamed of. A lot of people who cannot master something bad mouth it, especially self appointed shotgun expert gun magazine writers.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I gotta chime in here.....don't know how many times I've responded to the Recoilless "experts" over the years but, here we go again. You can search my previous replies. Not to be disrespectful but if you "think" the trigger is bad and has a long lock time......you truly shouldn't be shooting guns. You're a poor advocate for the sport and without doubt, have no clue what you're talking about. I can tell that Rick has definitely shot one and is speaking from experience. To answer the original question though; you cannot get a release trigger for this gun. I don't care who says they have seen one, shot one, or know's someone that could do it; it's impossible. Take it from someone who knows these guns inside out. It's hard to explain, but all I can say is the trigger in this gun works like no other gun; let's just leave it at that. As for the Recoilless "experts"....any time you want to put your money where your mouth is......I have a high mileage Recoilless with a horrible trigger, God-aweful lock-time, and the heaviest muzzle of any trap gun ever made that will indefinitely close your piehole. You let me know where and when. Bring yer wallet!

·
Banned
404 Posts
I gotta chime in here.....don't know how many times I've responded to the Recoilless "experts" over the years but, here we go again. You can search my previous replies. Not to be disrespectful but if you "think" the trigger is bad and has a long lock time......you truly shouldn't be shooting guns. You're a poor advocate for the sport
I don't know either, but your ruminations about what you think is "good" or bad for the Sport is nonsensical, and your opinion about who "should" be shooting guns is repugnant. You don't get to make that call, thank God.

How exactly would advocating for poor performing, recalled, long ago discontinued ugly and clumsy shotguns be good for the "sport"? It wouldn't take much of a shot to embarrass you in trap doubles, the topic of the thread long ago ignored. The only thing fanboi Recoilless gushing might do is provide comfort with those that are trying to unload them.

If you are trying to be respectful, you're not particularly skilled at it. The trigger is poor, the locktime is abysmal, and for those that love the ugly Recoilless, please buy and shoot as many as your little heart desires.

Almost eight years ago: http://www.trapshooters.com/threads/browning-recoilless-why-it-didnt-catch-on.79448/ . Was that thread somehow "bad for the sport"? Nothing has changed since then.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I am constantly amazed at the bickering i see on this site. I you do not like a certain gun , then do not buy one, if you like a certain gun then buy one, it's your money! I do not care about your opinions on a gun, if i want it i will buy one.
If you like and shoot a certain gun and are happy, so be it, and i am happy for you!
I own and shoot a K80, Ugb 25, SX1,Browning 725, and others and like the all despite criticism from other shooters.
I shot trap today and a shooter with a Tri star and he shot just as well as i did,and had a smile on his face.
THATS ALL THAT MATTERS!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,296 Posts
Why is anybody arguing about Browning Recoiless guns when there are very usable and effective Tri-Star combo sets available at very reasonable prices?? Very tempting. Best Regards, Ed

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I am constantly amazed at the bickering i see on this site. I you do not like a certain gun , then do not buy one, if you like a certain gun then buy one, it's your money! I do not care about your opinions on a gun, if i want it i will buy one.
If you like and shoot a certain gun and are happy, so be it, and i am happy for you!
I own and shoot a K80, Ugb 25, SX1,Browning 725, and others and like the all despite criticism from other shooters.
I shot trap today and a shooter with a Tri star and he shot just as well as i did,and had a smile on his face.
THATS ALL THAT MATTERS!!!!
Yup!

41 - 52 of 52 Posts