Trapshooters Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
I demo'ed one when they first came out. I liked the gun in general, but the way it felt when firing was a weird sensation to me. Definitely a very soft shooter though.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
I never owned one, but had the opportunity to put quite a few boxes through one. I always explained it to others that to me, it felt like the gun was trying to jump forward out of my hands. It was very different to shoot. It most definitely reduces recoil like nothing I've ever shot. The trigger left something to be desired.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Ditto on the cracking forearms. I know of 2 shooters that have had numerous problems with this. Maybe with 3D printing a stronger composite forearm could be made?
My dad has one in the back of the safe, VERY soft shooters but I never came across one with a good trigger.

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Seems like a release trigger would solve the issue of a soft trigger. A soft shooter like this gun and a release trigger might be a sweet design. I owned one when they first came out and loved the no recoil effect, and might buy another if I could try one with a release trigger.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The recoiless was my first true trap gun I ever owned, my first 25 straight was with a 27 inch micro. I didnt know anything about triggers to begin with so didnt know it was bad or good for that matter. I learned to take it part and replace the rubber buffer that gets hard and starts to deteriorate which causes the mechanism to not recock. I do enjoy shooting it even tho you get some funny looks.

·
Banned
404 Posts
Question...
Has anyone shot the Browning Recoilless for doubles?
thanx
mike
I was delighted to sell mine. Browning had a rough time with them, as they were all recalled initially.

The trigger has the worst lock-time of any trigger ever put on a shotgun. You pull the trigger, and wait. And wait. And wait.

·
Registered
20,294 Posts
It is still a heck of a gun. Browning made it's usual marketing mistake of coming out with something new and giving up on it instead of refining it to make it a better commodity to market. Every once in a while when I get that tinge in my shoulder, I drag my Recoil Less out of the safe and fire a couple hundred rounds through it. I am trying out a left hand Fabarm Velocity XLR 5 to shoot doubles, but it is still not as soft a shooter as the Browning. Next I am trying the Beretta UGB25 Excel. I have shot one of these and while still not as soft as the Browning it is pretty close.
Vincent has one of the ugb's. I don't know if he would sell it though.

·
Registered
30,517 Posts

The trigger has the worst lock-time of any trigger ever put on a shotgun. You pull the trigger, and wait. And wait. And wait.

Bullshit! Again, written by some gun magazine writer who knows nothing about this gun.

·
Registered
30,517 Posts
Vincent has one of the ugb's. I don't know if he would sell it though.
Just picked one up yesterday, a trap model going to try it out tomorrow at AGC.

·
Registered
30,517 Posts
Arnold55,

Buy the UGB if you want a soft shooter for doubles.

·
Premium Member
11,119 Posts
Bullshit! Again, written by some gun magazine writer who knows nothing about this gun.
I have one in the Micro model. I can't say that I have shot it all that much but I never noticed a problem with the trigger or lock time.

·
Registered
30,517 Posts
I have one in the Micro model. I can't say that I have shot it all that much but I never noticed a problem with the trigger of lock time.
Me neither and I once had four of them at one time. I have Perazzi's, Gamba, Ljutic, Winchester M12, Browninf Cynergy, 3200, and I have owned BT-99's, 100, Beretta's and the trigger on the Recoil Less is not that bad. I do not doubt that perhaps some people do not like the trigger, maybe they had a lemon, but it pure BS to say you pull the trigger and wait and wait and wait.

Reactions: WISGUNNER

·
Registered
20,294 Posts
Me neither and I once had four of them at one time. I have Perazzi's, Gamba, Ljutic, Winchester M12, Browninf Cynergy, 3200, and I have owned BT-99's, 100, Beretta's and the trigger on the Recoil Less is not that bad. I do not doubt that perhaps some people do not like the trigger, maybe they had a lemon, but it pure BS to say you pull the trigger and wait and wait and wait.
If the person pulling the trigger is snorting cocaine or injecting methamphetamine then maybe it SEEMS like he is "waiting, and waiting, and waiting."

·
Registered
30,517 Posts
At least I do not need to carry around springs and firing pins to keep it running like some high end guns I have.

·
Registered
30,517 Posts
Good for you, " shotgun expert," good for you. You may have owned "one" but you still don't know what you are talking about.

Reactions: WISGUNNER

·
Registered
30,517 Posts
I have, self proclaimed "shotgun expert."

21 - 40 of 52 Posts