Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired a NIB Browning Model 12 in the 20 ga. ( Please, no cheap shots, I know it's not a "real" model 12.

The gun has a problem in that the shells don't feed into the chamber properly - almost as if the shell is moving up at too steep of an angle to allow it to be fed into the chamber. As the shell is being moved into the chamber, it seems to "stick" about 1/3 of the way in. When hand feeding the shells directly into the chamber there is no problem - no issue with swollen shells or bad/flared crimp.

Someone at the gun club suggested that the gun may be out of "time" ?

Reloaded shells or new AA skeet shells make no difference.

Was wondering if anyone who may have or had one of these guns has ever had an issue of this type and what the solution was.

As an aside, I also have a Browning Model 12 in 28 ga. which does not exhibit the same oondition.

Thanks in advance -

Noel

·
Registered
270 Posts
A few guys that shoot at our local skeet range stoped using AA's in their browning 12's because of various problems. They all change to sts's and the problems went away. If this doesn't work tie some fishing line to the trigger guard and use it for a boat anchor. (lol) :)

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Take it to a good gunsmith and have him or her check the timimg. It's not a serious problem. If you get ready to make it a boat anchor, send it to me instead and I'll dispose of it properly.

Steve

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Browning Mod 12, 20 and 28 gauge guns are known to have this problem. I wouldn't send it to Browning. I had one, and after 3 trips to Browning, I gave up and traded it. Does it kick the second round on the ground? That's typically what they do.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Had the same problem with the two I owned way back in 1993. A 20 and a 28. Both were screwed up. They WERE pretty but what a pain.

Tom(AJ100)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.