Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for information regarding a Browning Golden Hunter, 12 guage Semi-Auto. Is this Golden Hunter equlivent to a Beretta 391. I will be shooting TRAP and want a good quality Semi-Auto. Help, need advise. Thanks!!!!!

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Browning Gold Hunters are field guns and as such they shoot flat. The Browning Gold Sporting Clay has different stock dimensions that make it more suitable for trap. Hope this helps. JM

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I had a Browning Gold Sporting Clays gun with a 28" bbl. It was very nice but shot flat. I sold it and the guy who bought it ordered stock shims from Browning and got the POI up. He used it after some heart problems and enjoyed the soft shooting quality. I had a shell catcher for it. I often wish I had gave the shims a try before selling.
Doug Allison

·
Vendor
5,047 Posts
For available shell catchers got to tandsshellcatcher.com or brownells.com You should be happier with a 391 partallel comb Beretta
Mike Battista
727 410 5212

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a stock built on the Wenig "New American" pattern that will fit a Browning Gold for sale. Not fancy wood, but not ugly wood either. Also, have a spare factory forearm from a Gold Sporting Clays. One of the knocks on Browning Golds is that some of them have jamming problems. If you could find a good deal on a Gold, I have the stock that would turn it into a nice soft shooting trap gun. You could even add one of the aftermarket ribs o raise the POI more. Golds are by far the softest shooters...great for kids and adults who are recoil sensitive. Started my son with a Gold and light 1oz loads...lethal from the 16. Yes...T&S does make a shell catcher for them.
Shelby Shelman

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
You will not regret buying a Beretta AL 391 trap version. They are adjustable, can't say that for a Remmy. Better choke selection for the Berettas also. Having both Berettas and Remmys in my opinion the Beretta is a softer shooter. I don't have cycling problems but I can't say that I'm trying to shoot featherweights either. My 1 oz. and 1 1/8 oz. reloads work fine. Never tried cycling 3/4 or 7/8. No desire to even try.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I've shot my Browning Gold Fusion w/a 30" barrel and a T/S shell catcher and it did the job: soft recoil, easy to point. I'm not a competitive shooter, so the only complaint I have was I had to clean it every time I shot 100 rounds, as that piston got dirty real fast.

Otherwise, it's great. You wanna buy mine? :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.