Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attached are photos of a Browning BT-99 stainless that we built a custom stock for. It is a Christmas present from a father to his daughter and I think that it turned out fantastic. The wood has a ton of color and grain and Cindy did a fanstic job on the checkering pattern. The wood took the finish well and Mike got this one to really shine. I had a hard time with the lighting so I apologise for the photo quality. I need a different area and lightening setup for these photos. The wood was supplied by the customer and I think may have come from Old Tree Gun Stocks. Merry Christmas to the owner I really hope she likes her new stock. Thank you for taking a look.

Dennis, Cindy & The Crew

Gun Rifle Firearm Trigger Air gun

Shotgun Putter

Gun Firearm Shotgun Trigger Revolver

Gun Firearm Trigger Shotgun Revolver

·
Registered
487 Posts
Wow Dennis that's awesome.Thats gotta be one of the nicest stainless BT around. The stock and forearm are amazing. Incredible work as always.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Do you know if that family is looking to adopt another child?

Seriously, just another fabulous looking job as always. Just when I think they can't get better looking,they do.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This gun is mine! Yeah! A special gift from the most amazing father in the world to his "baby girl". I hit the parent lottery with my dad! A pair of 94s at Cardinal Center earned me the wood out of the gun vault from Old Tree Gun Blanks. We've been shooting trap together for 19 years, and we have at least another 19 more to go! THANKS DADDY! Dennis and Cindy, she looks amazing, can't wait to see her in person. Thanks for being soooo patient with me on the demo stock and all the changes you made to get the right fit for me. My shooting has improved exponentially since you've work with me on creating my demo stock.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Rockie,
You lucky girl ! Question - it looks like the long trigger tang sits above the wood .. rather than sitting flush in a groove. Is that so ? Just curious why - do you like the feel better that way ?

·
Registered
452 Posts
That is one gorgeous shotgun for one obviously lucky girl. Thanks for posting the pics, Dennis. That wood is spectacular and so is the work.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
To Bluskyshooter,

The grip on the gun was made much more vertical than the grip from the original factory stock. That was as far below the surface of the wood that we could go and still not have to mangle the iron to make it fit. Sharp eye and thank you for the feedback.

Dennis DeVault

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.