Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the first Browning that have done for a while and it turned out much better than the blank originally let us see. I believe it is Claro Walnut with a lot of fiddle grain running through the blank. The gun is a Citori model for trap doubles. I hope the owner enjoys his new stock. The checkering was cut deep and then had one application of clear coat sprayed to seal the wood and preserve the checkering for years to come. As always thank you for taking a peek.

Dennis, Cindy & The Crew

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yes, this is my gun. It arrived on Monday and I am hoping to shoot it this weekend at the club. If you like the looks of the wood in picture, let me tell you that it is even nicer up close and personal. One nice thing that Dennis does is recess the forearm iron into the wood. That way, on a hot day of shooting, you won't accidently burn your fingers on hot metal. Since I will be driving to the Southwest Grand in San Antonio in April, I will bring this along if anyone wants to see Dennis's work in person. Thanks Dennis.
Scott Messenger

·
Registered
981 Posts
Hello Scott,

Matt Nicol here. Say, I'm going to let you know right up-front, I'm goin' give ya' some grief here......

Really NICE wood/gun... But if your going to all the expense to have DeVault build ya' a great looking piece of wood like this, dont ya' think ya' coulda' saved another couple weeks so you could aford a new recoil pad????

HA!!!

Shoot it well Scott, and in the best of health,

Matt

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Damn that camera it always shows detail where it is not supposed to. Should have photoshopped that out. Sorry Scott and thank you for the plug I hope you shoot it well in April,

Dennis

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.