Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, first time post here. Just looking for advise/parts for a recently dropped (by my son) Browning Double Auto. Don't know many people with smithing experience on these guns, but I'll ask anyway. I've got an early model standard weight. Steel receiver, aluminum trigger guard (I assume that's not original). My son dropped the gun this weekend on concrete driveway... broke a good chunk off the top of the stock and gouged the trigger guard badly. Just wondering if anyone knows what kind of a mess it may be to fit replacement parts. I've had the gun apart before and the trigger assembly fits snug, but I wonder if a replacement would require any filing or machining. I assume a replacement stock could fit with some light adjustment, but not sure if I'd be biting off more than I could chew. Also, since I only have the standard weight (round knob), not sure if stocks from twelvettes or twenty-weights could fit.

Thanks in advance for any help!!!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I would call Art's gun shop for parts or help.
All of the trigger guards were aluminum, even the steel receiver DA's. I would assume both the wood and trigger guard would need to be hand fit.
Art's does great work.
Doug

·
Premium Member
1,188 Posts
I am like Dbl Auto, Art's is the go-to guy for Brownings. His phone number is on his website (artsgunshop.com), it is 636-944-3630. Regards, Bob

·
Registered
1,827 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Easy to buy parts, question is: will they fit?

These are great guns that were hand assembled, so while some parts will easily fit, not all will be plug and play and may require the touch of a knowledgable gunsmith. Definitely a keeper and worth the cost of repair.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
all are a gamble to fit. you got 25-75 odds.

its one of the reasons I got rid of all my d.autos. I got tired of looking, searching, hoping, praying I could find the one something I needed.
heck...even bbls aren't the same.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I would consult with Art's. Double Auto's had a lot of hand-fitting of parts, much like older model 12's. If you have experience in this area, buy the replacements and fit them yourself, if not, you would be money ahead to leave it to the pro's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts