Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 725 sporting in 410, it came with 5 diana grade choke tubes . The problem started when I tried to get another skeet choke to match , I tried all the usual places , google searched it , even tried for used one on EBAY no luck . Browning lists midas and diamond grade chokes for 410 they do list diana grade in all other gauges. So I contacted Browning customer service and first they told me I have diamond chokes which I do not have I know that they are diana grade and I have a matching 28 gauge ,of which I had no problem ordering an extra skeet choke for.
The latest contact with Browning I am now told that the only way I can buy a 410 diana choke is with a new 725. Has anyone ever heard this sounds ridiculous to me . Now I know its a small thing but I dont want mismatched chokes in a new gun . Am I wrong to expect to buy a matching part for an almost new gun given a new gun is shipped with that choke still.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Your experience is mine too for the .410 725 Diana chokes. It’s crazy! I thought I was crazy at first. They don’t exist elsewhere, but obviously they do exist since they came new in box! In .410, I just use the Skeet and IC for skeet. 28G no problem getting Diana grade replacements.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 28 gauge 725 also had no problem getting a skeet choke. Customer service at browning got me into a loop that lasted 3 days aprox 12 emails back and forth, the problem was a rep would ask a question and when I responded another rep got the message and had no idea what I was talking about. The next rep said I must have diamond grade chokes because they dont make diana chokes in 410 . I stated that they sure do as I have 5 of them and if you look at the Browning web site it says that a new 425 sporting 410 comes with diana chokes . well that required me to send them pictures . sent the pictures and yet anoter rep tells me those there are diana chokes , but they dont sell them seperately only can get them with purchace of a 410 725 sporting . but tey could sellme a mismatched style choke . W.T.F. I asked how it was that I can buy a new gun and cannot buy a matching service part for it .. well 2 days later I have no answer . I own 5 browning over unders each has a complete set of matching chokes ILL be damed if I will buy a mismatched choke and im sure not buying a whole set I guess skeet and ic it will be

·
Registered
553 Posts
Went through a similar experience with my 725 28 ga. sporting. It came with Diana chokes and I wanted a cylinder choke to go with the factory skeet. Found out that Browning does not make the cylinder in the Diana series but they do in the Diamond chokes. Gave up and bought the Diamond cylinder and it is OK. I know it is the principal of the thing but....In the small bores, the Diana and Diamond chokes are so close in appearance, you have to get within a foot or two to tell there is any difference. Posting pictures of the Midas, Diana and Diamond chokes respectively below for reference.

·
Registered
10,867 Posts
I suppose this mess happened because Briley no longer makes certain Browning chokes anymore? They lost the contract on the 725 shotguns chokes.

If you want matching chokes, I suggest you buy any complete set you want from Briley. Then sell your current Browning chokes for a slightly elevated price (to recoup your loss) since yours will be the only game in town!!! Now you have the set of chokes you want and they will all match. If you play your cards right? You'll be out zero cash. You'll only be out a few hours of your time. I'd bet cash money you have plenty of that right now? Stay Safe & Good Luck to Ya. break em all Jeff

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Sounds like a ridiculously crazy problem. I would think Browning would hold rights to the design and just have another company manufacture tubes with that design.

Otherwise since they are all invector plus, other than the bling is there any difference between the "grades"?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Sounds like a ridiculously crazy problem. I would think Browning would hold rights to the design and just have another company manufacture tubes with that design.

Otherwise since they are all invector plus, other than the bling is there any difference between the "grades"?
Rabbit Hunter: I wonder the same thing I have Browning's 12,20,28 and all three choke types, is there really a difference? they all seem to work fine, there sure is a difference in price. I think our guy is right Bling
Bling, Bling. PS: I've hunted snowshoes bunnies for years, used 28ga 1100 w/ sk or imp nice setup.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Rabbit Hunter: I wonder the same thing I have Browning's 12,20,28 and all three choke types, is there really a difference? they all seem to work fine, there sure is a difference in price. I think our guy is right Bling
Bling, Bling. PS: I've hunted snowshoes bunnies for years, used 28ga 1100 w/ sk or imp nice setup.
My CX came with 3 of the Midas grade chokes. May buy a couple others for potential use when shooting sporting clays.
Looking at the Browning web site the info for the different grades basically talks about their finish and knurling and they claim they all pattern tighter than Invector plus.
Which I find odd since they infact are Invector plus with bling. Maybe they have some tighter machining tolerances for constriction than a standard Inv+. I don't know just seems like another way to give people the ability to have a touch of custom look on their gun.

May buy a few plain Inv+ chokes for the couple time a year I shoot SC or if I ever try skeet.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I recently bought a 725 sporting in 410, it came with 5 diana grade choke tubes . The problem started when I tried to get another skeet choke to match , I tried all the usual places , google searched it , even tried for used one on EBAY no luck . Browning lists midas and diamond grade chokes for 410 they do list diana grade in all other gauges. So I contacted Browning customer service and first they told me I have diamond chokes which I do not have I know that they are diana grade and I have a matching 28 gauge ,of which I had no problem ordering an extra skeet choke for.
The latest contact with Browning I am now told that the only way I can buy a 410 diana choke is with a new 725. Has anyone ever heard this sounds ridiculous to me . Now I know its a small thing but I dont want mismatched chokes in a new gun . Am I wrong to expect to buy a matching part for an almost new gun given a new gun is shipped with that choke still.
Just curious does the Diana Grade choke that came with 725 say Diana Grade DS or Diana Grade Invector Plus?

Gary

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gary , Browning uses invector plus on 20 and 12 gauge except the 725s hich are invector ds , then the 28 and 410 chokes are std invector even though they are extended chokes , The ds chokes have the sealing ring on the bottom and do not interchange with anything else the inv plus are the ones browning used for years in te backbored barrels and the std invector are 28 and 410 as well as all of the older 20 and 12 from back in the 80s and early 90s .

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Gary , Browning uses invector plus on 20 and 12 gauge except the 725s hich are invector ds , then the 28 and 410 chokes are std invector even though they are extended chokes , The ds chokes have the sealing ring on the bottom and do not interchange with anything else the inv plus are the ones browning used for years in te backbored barrels and the std invector are 28 and 410 as well as all of the older 20 and 12 from back in the 80s and early 90s .
I guess I'm old school. Until I bought the CX 2 weeks ago all I had was plain invector or fixed chokes. Until then I didn't realize there were more than Inv and Inv+ or different grades let alone DS

·
Registered
10,867 Posts
I just didn't know there were more than just flush and extended.
Just a quick FYI as it were. Shooters started having trouble with there chokes getting stuck in there barrels in like 05 and 06. The threads for the invector plus chokes were located at the bottom of the choke. This is were gas can enter the choke if it works loose a bit. This gas would foul up the threads since the gas was mixed with powder residue. Hence many a chokes got stuck in the barrel and became difficult to remove. Of course if these same shooters would have installed grease on the choke threads and used a wrench to install said chokes. They would not have had a problem to start with. But Browning wanting to sell more chokes, so they came out with a new chokes system to solve this issue. Came out with the DS line of chokes which moved the chokes threads to the top of the choke, thus farther away from where the gas would enter the choke from behind if the choke loosened. Thus making it harder for the threads to get caked up with residue and make the removal of the choke more difficult. After the crash of 08 the only Browning's today that still have the DS style choke are the 725 line of shotguns. There premier line shotgun. As said these chokes do not interchange with the Invector plus line. Because the threads are at the wrong end of the choke. Its not a big deal deal one way or the other. Of course since Browning came out with a DS line of choke!!! So did Beretta!! So now the both of them have 3 lines of chokes for there guns depending make, model and age of shotgun. break em all Jeff

·
Registered
121 Posts
Matt01073,

The reason I asked was because the 725 takes Invector DS chokes, and when I first saw the 725 Max advertised it said Diana Grade chokes included.

Yes I know the Diana Grade chokes were associated with the Invector Plus choke system.

To me the Diana Grade chokes were really the titaniun nitride with a longer choke taper. When the 725 Max stated it had Diana Grade Chokes my thoughts were Browning ported their manufacturing process to the Invector DS choke system. Since Diana Grade is a Browning trademark it makes sense that you would get anything with Diana Grade from Browning.

I was just curious did Browning actually change the barrels on the 12 gauge 725 Max back to Invector Plus or left the barrels at the Invector DS and started making Diana Grade chokes for the Invector DS choke syste..

Gary

1 - 16 of 16 Posts