Trapshooters Forum banner

Browning cynergy

4164 Views 17 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  Akbarstrap
Hello everyone, during the pandemic I picked up sporting Clay shooting and now find myself looking at my first over-under I'm looking at the Browning synergy shot it a few times at a local gun club the pro at the gun club says to order the synergy with 30 inch barrels not 32 in because of a balance difference does anyone have any suggestions this will mostly be used for sporting clays only. The videos I watch most people shoot a 32 or 34 in barrels but the pro at my local range said the synergy is balanced different and would recommend 30 in barrels and I am not buying it from him
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
580 Posts
30" or 32". 32 will sell better but you won't feel much difference. I have 3 Cynergy's a Satin Field, Euro Sporting and a CX. The CX is 32 inch and I like it but I have shot a 30' and didn't feel much difference, but I am not a great shot. I think the gun is a great buy for the money. Have fun.

Jim

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
30" or 32". 32 will sell better but you won't feel much difference. I have 3 Cynergy's a Satin Field, Euro Sporting and a CX. The CX is 32 inch and I like it but I have shot a 30' and didn't feel much difference, but I am not a great shot. I think the gun is a great buy for the money. Have fun.

Jim
Thank you for the info

· Premium Member
1,985 Posts
If you are going to maybe put a recoil reducer in the stock then the 32” will feel better for you as the 32” is a tad barrel heavy. The Cenery is a very good gun for the money. I really like the low profile receiver and especially the way they lock up.
Also I have never seen or heard of anyone complain about the barrels shooting different POI. This is very important to me. I can’t say that about the other Brownings. JMHO!

· Registered
118 Posts
I have a 30" Cynergy that I use for skeet. I have been very happy with it. If it was a trap gun I would have gone for 32" but for Skeet/Sporting Clays/all around I feel 30" is just right. When I was shopping a lot of people tried pushing more toward the Citoris. I shouldered a ton of guns and personally I liked the fit and profile of the Cynergy best.

6,495 Posts
32"... all shooting sports are trending toward longer barrels... the 32 gives you options and longer sighting plane to aid in shooting longer target presentations, yet will not hamper closer in targets...

My $0.02

· Registered
2,767 Posts
Personally, I have worked on both. IMO, the long proven Citori models for the money can't be beat. The change in format to the Cynergy (striker) was maybe a marketing plus, but to me the quality is still in the Citori.

· Registered
1,588 Posts
I have both a cynergy in 28 gauge and a citron crossover in 12 ga. I do like the cynergy but the citroi is a better shotgun both in mechanics and handling. As far as barrel lengths if you plan to use it field hunting stick with the 30" barrels but if it is going to be a sporting gun only then go for the 32" barrels.

· Registered
25 Posts
I have a Cynergy sporting with 30” barrels and love it. That being said I also have the trap combo with 32” double barrel and 34” unsingle and can’t say I truly notice. They are my favourite shotgun - even with the crazy looking recoil pad.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.