Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
2,562 Posts
AJ there`s the rub. You compared a 2k gun to a at least 6k gun. Actually more than that. Did you expect any different? I think the cynergy delivers well for its cost. The perazzi I`m sure does to some for its cost but not me. I`d rather have a blaser...which I do. I think I`ll get out of this what is better arguement....opinions are like butt holes. Some just stink worse and some NEVER see daylight.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
cbx chris, I didn't compare anything. I said the thing kicked. That 6K gun as you called it was OLD UGLY and USED when I bought it. Paid less than 2800.00 for it. Hell, I had a used Citori sporting that was fine for SC's. Paid around 600.00 for IT. I had Briley chokes put in the MX-8 so I could shoot it for everything. I don't have the money to buy a Blaser like you. That was the whole point of your response wasn't it? To let me know you have a Blaser.

BTW what in the hell does the price have to do with the recoil of a shotgun.?
If that was the case, you could put that Blaser you said you own against your front teeth and pull the trigger. NO RECOIL!

You were right about ONE thing though, some opinions smell. lol

AJ100

G

·
SkipC and the others,

The Cynergy unsingle that you are refering to is a custom that Steve (at Indiana Gun Club) had built. He'll let anyone, that asks, go out and shoot it. He had it built for evaluation to see if there was enough interest in having a run produced. Kind of their answer to the unsingle combo that Guns Unlimited is offering.

ec90t

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
While opinions are running wild on this one. I will throw mine in. If the Cynergy was all it is cracked up to be. Browning would have replaced the Citori line with it. From the looks of it Browning looks to be a little scared jumping into it all at once. They appear to be feeling the market out a little before replacing there whole line with it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
The Cynergy was never intended to replace the Citori line. It was intended to appeal to those who didn't like the Citori, perhaps the younger crowd, and broaden Browning's market base. Whether you like one or not doesn't make all the people at Browning functional idiots. I know a lot of them and have never heard a totally unintelligent remark from any of them. Incidentally, the designers are not always totally pleased with the decisions that are made by the marketing folks at the large companies--just like we aren't always pleased with the decisions made where we work.
Dave

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
From the pictures I've seen of this gun, it looks as though the "hammer fall" is only about a 1/4 inch. With the right springs behind that, it has to have a quicker lock time than a lot of the guns in use today. Like some, I don't care for the looks of the shock absorbing stock either, but,,,, weighted and fit correctly to the shooter it should do the job.

I'd love to shoot clays with one and not miss a target till it was the guns fault. :) Hap

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
What they did wrong with the Cynergy was the stock/recoil pad configuration which just didn't fit many people well. They tried to correct it by bringing out a model with the 525 stock, but that didn't seem to help much. The lack of popularity is the reason there are a lot of Cynergy's available at very good prices.

·
Registered
118 Posts
It is with the utmost amazement that I have enjoyed reading all the "criticism" directed at the Cynergy. I am using a 32"Sporting with adjustable comb, 2006 model.One of the fastest lockup times of anything out there.. It is a delight! It is a smooth and consistent shooter. I am reasonably certain that there are a few muzzle loaders out there that resist any change in shotgun design. The very low profile is wonderful. It is a great swinging gun. Recoil? Very minimal with the unique recoil pad on the model I have. Although I am appreciative of and respect everyones opinion (as well as their right to their opinion),I cannot help but question how many of the nay sayers have ever put 100 shells through a Cynergy. A fellow shooter that I know can afford any gun he wants and has a safeful of Perazzis,a Krieghoff, several Belgium Brownings and a hell of a lot more to prove his ability to cater to his whims. Nonetheless, he tends to reach for the Cynergy. Makes you wonder why, doesn't it? Oh well, that is probably the reason Baskin-Robbins has at least 31 flavors.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm wondering who here has actually had a chance to shoot a practice trap round with one of these Cynergy Classic Traps; the Browning catalog states that the Drop at the Comb for this gun is 1-11/16" which is a lower comb with more drop than the XT at 1-9/16", which is the comb drop I shoot with my XT, and there is no way I would want to even try to shoot trap with a comb that was any lower. Seems to me that this gun would shoot very flat for a trap gun unless you had one with the adjustable comb jacked up to at least 1-1/2" or 1-3/8". Seems to me that the comb is too low on this Cynergy Classic Trap, but I have not shot this gun so I do not know this for sure. - JoeBerg

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.