Trapshooters Forum banner

Browning Cynergy or Citori for Trap

11963 Views 15 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  BigMan76
I have been shooting Trap with an old Browning A5 and love it! I need to purchase a true trap gun though and would like to stay in the Browning family. I poked around Browning's website and it looks like it woudl come down to a Citori or Cynergy. any thoughts? I'd like to purchase a trap gun that would maintain its quality for decades (the A5 I have dates to the '40s).

Any considerations (barrel length, adjustable comb, etc).
One of my concerns though is that I woudl spend more time trying to "dial in" a shotgun with a number of options or movign pieces compared to one that was more or less ready to go out of the box.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Mike
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
166 Posts
I own a Cynergy "Classic Trap Combo". Very good gun. The triggers can be made to shoot a 3 lb pull. The one complaint is the O/U barrel is non-adjustable for POI. That being said I am happy with it.

The main thing is what you like for fit and feel. Don't worry about picking up someone elses gun and not breaking 25. The gun needs to fit you. Time spent on the pattern board and on the firing line will help you in having the gun fit you.

Either gun is good. I think the Cynergy has/is getting a bad rap. Shoot one and see for yourself.

Good Luck,
Andy

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.