Trapshooters Forum banner

Browning CXT

4027 Views 22 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  pbansen
Looking to get back into trap shooting after a LONG time away. Considering the CXT as it looks like alot of gun for the money and is adjustable. Now to find one of the the CXT White. Did a search, seems to be an opinion everywhere on them. Are these worth the $$?
Reactions: MBM1565
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
3,437 Posts
the CXT White was a limited production gun, i have one and have shot some great scores with it, have had it for almost 2 years now, like others have said parts are easy to get and i can change the firing pins and springs in about 20 minutes, that's with a good cleaning too

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the CXT White was a limited production gun, i have one and have shot some great scores with it, have had it for almost 2 years now, like others have said parts are easy to get and i can change the firing pins and springs in about 20 minutes, that's with a good cleaning too
What would a good price be on one? Found this a couple of the White but they are $2900

· Registered
2,013 Posts
What would a good price be on one? Found this a couple of the White but they are $2900
I wouldn't spend $2900 on a CXT, no matter what color it was. I had a blued CXT that I sold to buy a 725 combo, but it was a good gun. For just a little more than a blued CXT, you can get a Browning Hi Post with adjustable rib from Guns Unlimited in Omaha.

· Registered
2,037 Posts
"I wouldn't spend $2900 on a CXT, no matter what color it was. I had a blued CXT that I sold to buy a 725 combo, but it was a good gun. For just a little more than a blued CXT, you can get a Browning Hi Post with adjustable rib from Guns Unlimited in Omaha."

The above is great advice. The people who have bought the Hi Post rave about how much they love them.

· Registered
1,308 Posts
Looking to get back into trap shooting after a LONG time away. Considering the CXT as it looks like alot of gun for the money and is adjustable. Now to find one of the the CXT White. Did a search, seems to be an opinion everywhere on them. Are these worth the $$?
The CXT is just the latest version of an unbroken line of Trap O/U's Miroku has been making for close to 60 years.
The early versions sold by Charles Daly had low ribs and I believe V springs. Most fans of these guns say the prior
XT version was the high water mark. It was perhaps the best finished with high grade wood and silver receiver.
I have had the good fortune to own 2 generations of this gun. A 1984 Citori Trap with a Monte Carlo stock, high post
ramp rib and 1st generation Invector chokes. I now own a CXT I bought new last year. It was built in 2018 and I got
it for the 2018 price of $1600 after a $100 rebate from Browning. It resembles the Citori Special Trap that was offered
prior to the XT.
Both of my Browning Traps have been flawless. They have been perfect in reliability with a smooth and solid action
and world class barrel regulation. They both punch way above their weight at their price point.
My current CXT is better in my opinion than the 1984 gun. It has a bigger grip with palm swell and narrower forearm
making it more comfortable. It also has an adjustable L.O.P. trigger.
I would not pay extra for the CXT White because as Dogbest said there is an adjustable rib model available at G.U.
for a very good price. In fact if I was buying today I would go with the G.U. version.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The CXT is just the latest version of an unbroken line of Trap O/U's Miroku has been making for close to 60 years.
The early versions sold by Charles Daly had low ribs and I believe V springs. Most fans of these guns say the prior
XT version was the high water mark. It was perhaps the best finished with high grade wood and silver receiver.
I have had the good fortune to own 2 generations of this gun. A 1984 Citori Trap with a Monte Carlo stock, high post
ramp rib and 1st generation Invector chokes. I now own a CXT I bought new last year. It was built in 2018 and I got
it for the 2018 price of $1600 after a $100 rebate from Browning. It resembles the Citori Special Trap that was offered
prior to the XT.
Both of my Browning Traps have been flawless. They have been perfect in reliability with a smooth and solid action
and world class barrel regulation. They both punch way above their weight at their price point.
My current CXT is better in my opinion than the 1984 gun. It has a bigger grip with palm swell and narrower forearm
making it more comfortable. It also has an adjustable L.O.P. trigger.
I would not pay extra for the CXT White because as Dogbest said there is an adjustable rib model available at G.U.
for a very good price. In fact if I was buying today I would go with the G.U. version.
Thanks guys. I’m going to order one of the GU versions this week

· Registered
147 Posts
I own/shoot a CXT 30" and I'm very pleased with it. I've had it for approximately 2 years and have not had any issues with it. I swapped out the front bead for a HiViz F/O Comp Sight for no particular reason (other than mental edge). I purchased mine when a local gun store had 20% off all 'new' firearms and Browning was offering rebates. I'm sure you'll be pleased with the firearm.

· Premium Member
691 Posts
Can someone please explain the difference between the Citori Universal Hi-Post and the Citori CXT? Guns Unlimited has a good price on the Universal Hi-Post and my LGS has what seems like a good deal on a CXT. I would rather support my local guy, but if the Universal is a better gun, I'll buy from GU.

I know the Universal is available with an adjustable rib and the CXT is not, so other than that.

Thanks,
Pete

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.