Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Browning crossover that I shoot sporting clays and trap doubles. I like everything about the gun except when shooting doubles many times when closing the gun it sets the targets off before calling for the birds. What's the solution?

·
Registered
597 Posts
There is several things you can do to stop inadvertently setting off the voice release. Step back from the VR
when closing your gun.

New guns until broken in do require an extra effort to close and you may be activating the VR by
harshly closing your gun. ( a bad habit)

If you are shooting in a squad, time closing your gun as the person ahead of you fires at his bird.

Eddie

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I have the same issue when I close my pump. What I have done is to close the action when the other shooter fires. It was a distraction and throws off the rhythm of the squad.

Im not a fan of them in general, prefer a kid with a button if I can get it.

Reactions: Tron

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I have a Browning crossover that I shoot sporting clays and trap doubles. I like everything about the gun except when shooting doubles many times when closing the gun it sets the targets off before calling for the birds. What's the solution?
you don't have to slam it shut!!! mine never sets off a target.

jack mc

·
Supporting Vendor
10,240 Posts
You're either slamming the gun shut or your mics are too sensitive. Do as Passport says and there will be no problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts