Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi could you kind people help me identify my Browning Citori,from the Serial no i can see it is a 2007 gun but no idea what model it is ie sporter,field ect,the gun is grade one 30" over/under Multi Choke.i have checked Brownings web site but can only find the year of Manufacture Serial Number is 62845MR
Regards Mike in the England

·
Registered
10,304 Posts
The last few numbers narow down the configuration of your firearm. The first numbers are serialized, the letters are the production date, the last 3 are the model.

A pic would help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The problem is there is just this number 62845MR,the MR tells me it is a 2007,but have no idea if it is a sporter,field or other model and the Browning website is no helpful

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
P3at thank you very much i think you are correct,and am i right about the year of manufacture being 2007 from the MR in the serial number ?
Mike

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
From the shape of the pistol grip area, it looks like a 425. The 525 had a much more curved (shorter radius) grip area. That's really nice looking wood for a Grade 1. Is it chambered for 3" shells?

Easystreet

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes chambers are 3",i was quite impressed with the wood too for a grade 1.It is in as new condition so no marks at all.

E

·
0 Posts
I would concour that it is a sporter/bunker gun. It's nice to see a Browning without holes in the barrels.

ec90t

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here is the browning website that can help you "age" your gun. If you use this site, they give you more than just its age. There is also a phone number to help with any other questions.

Hope it works for you!

http://www.browning.com/customerservice/qna/detail.asp?ID=88

·
Registered
10,304 Posts
The pistol grip looks like the European 325. There is a fellow here that imports European Brownings. They sell well over here. Some folks like fixed chokes and no porting.

I do not have a problem with fixed chokes, either. :^)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.