Trapshooters Forum banner

Browning Citori scratch

2657 9
Brand new Citori Hi-Post Adjustable rib O/U,just got scratched by someone who forgot to mention they bumped my gun in the rack.Have a couple of scratches that are not deep at all,but,sure can't help but notice them.Tried a little polish but no luck.Any Ideas?
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
95 Posts
Brand new Citori Hi-Post Adjustable rib O/U,just got scratched by someone who forgot to mention they bumped my gun in the rack.Have a couple of scratches that are not deep at all,but,sure can't help but notice them.Tried a little polish but no luck.Any Ideas?
If it’s the high gloss Browning finish, I’ve gotten very good results with super glue. You can google the repair method.

· Registered
2,762 Posts
If they are not real deep, you may be able to sand with very fine grit wet sand paper, then buff out. I am talking down to 3000 grit before polishing. Make sure you do not sand through the finish. You may be able to fill it first with super glue, which I have never tried.

Just remember sometimes "The road to hell is paved with good intentions ".

· Registered
1,087 Posts
I have had some luck on browning finishes using a heat gun . i have had some scratches that I thought would require a refinish almost disappear . I believe the coating softens and fills in the scratch . Just do a little at a time. Don’t get tempted for perfection and only apply heat for small periods of time .
On my Browning SA22, I had some bad finish damage . I was able to get it to disappear completely . I’m not as brave on my 725 .

After the heat treatment , let it cool overnight and if it’s not to your liking , buff with very fine compound , then apply paste wax .

· Registered
233 Posts
Someone else had the same thing recently posted told to get an automotive clear coat touch up pen basically a type of super glue but ultra clear they have both a pen type tip for fine scratches and a small brush for bigger ones. Let it harden for an hour or so and then level the finish with super fine sand paper 2500 or finer and finish with automotive clear coat buffing compound works great on those shiney finished

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.