Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those are the lengths of the cutters. You’ll need a short cutter to get around curves and into tight places. A 3/32” and a 3/8” should get you through the whole job. Get a handle for each cutter because you don’t want to be switching cutters.
I buy mine from Ullman Precision Products.
That answers my question.
Thanks again

· Banned
1,793 Posts
I see 5/32, 9/64, 3/32 as sizes i believe are the distance between the points of the checkering rows,
Thanks for your reply
Where are you seeing this?

And not to be snarky but, if you have to ask here about a checkering tool, you're taking a risk trying to recut your Citori. Checkering is a skill acquired with much practice. If you wish to take it up as a longterm endeavor, I'd encourage you. But if you're looking to do a one-time project I'd suggest you entrust it to someone who's already botched their share of jobs on the learning curve. I've stocked and checkered dozens of high end guns, but if I wanted an adjustable comb, I'd hire it out.

But if you're dtermined, I'd suggest getting coarse and fine, single line, 60 degree cutters. Spacing cutters are not good for recutting.

· Registered
183 Posts
Where are you seeing this?

And not to be snarky but, if you have to ask here about a checkering tool, you're taking a risk trying to recut your Citori. Checkering is a skill acquired with much practice. If you wish to take it up as a longterm endeavor, I'd encourage you. But if you're looking to do a one-time project I'd suggest you entrust it to someone who's already botched their share of jobs on the learning curve. I've stocked and checkered dozens of high end guns, but if I wanted an adjustable comb, I'd hire it out.

But if you're dtermined, I'd suggest getting coarse and fine, single line, 60 degree cutters. Spacing cutters are not good for recutting.
This is good advise. I have done checkering but had someone else do my gun. It is nice to not know where you might have made an oops.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.