Trapshooters Forum banner

Browning Citori Problem

1635 4
One of my Pals that shoots the summer Sporting Clays league has a Browning problem. When he loaded his Citori, one of his shells leaked some shot into the action and the action locked up. He managed to tap the lever so that he could open the action, but now when you pull the trigger, the sear doesn't engage. Anything we should look for??
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5,162 Posts
Take the rear stock off and watch what is happening. A stray pellet can get almost anywhere and when it gets squashed, it's sometimes hard to notice. Mark

· Registered
2,981 Posts
Taking the stock off and it should be apparent what's going on. If the inertia block is not slipping under the sears, highly likely some shot migrated into the back of the action.

It would be wise to tear the whole receiver down, because the shot get be about anywhere...even slipping through the top lever spring, causing the top lever to bind.

· Registered
8,590 Posts
Mine wouldn't close one time, and the trap kid scoring says, "I know what that is!". He flipped the lower extractor back and raked out a flatten pellet that looked to be paper thin. I finished the round and it never happened again. I realize now, I should have tipped him.

Bob Falfa

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.