Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
12,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering the purchase of a friends Browning Citori Plus O/U shotgun. I like the fact that it has an adjustable rib and comb. The gun also has a Browning recoil reducer which I am not thrilled about but can live with. The blueing is very nice as is the wood. All the numbers match and the gun locks up tight. Barrels are 32" with Invector Plus chokes.

Are there any issues that I should be aware of. The gun was manufactured in 1991.

Thanks,

Pat

· Registered
9,982 Posts
great guns Pat,...and don't worry about the recoil reducer...I have a half dozen plus guns and never a single issue as long as they are not tinkered with..one of the best doubles out there for the money and nice clean ones are getting scarce so it will hold its value if you keep it pristeen as possible

· Registered
8,590 Posts
Really eye-ball the rib. It's made out of aluminum and is a good indicator of the care it has received. If it's nice and straight and not marred up, you've found a keeper. I'd suggest also spending another $50-60 for a Recoiless Engineering/Steve Jones adjustable recoil pad mount. Once that's on there, it practically guarantees you can adjust the gun to fit you, and will shoot where you look. Good luck.

Bob Falfa

· Registered
12,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bob,
The pad adjuster is the missing link I was looking for.

Great info gents!

Thanks,
Pat

· Registered
78 Posts
Terrible gun. Don't buy it. Let me know what your friends number is so I can . I just love shooting a Citori plus. Soft shooting and I could always smoke ball targets.
Great gun. don't be scared of the recoil reducer. They work great.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.