Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95% Browning Citori Lightning 20ga up for grabs. It's had less than 100 shells through the pipes (less than one day). Thought I wanted to get into trap shooting but found out I should just stick with plinking. Misplaced my firewire so I'm waiting for one to come in so I can import pics. Gun is almost flawless with a few signs of general handling . Again, I would rate this as 95%. Will ship from an FFL if that is the way you would prefer. I'll ship however you want it in the safest manner for the both of us. Asking $1550 without shipping. Thank you for your time.

Mortimer

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Here are some pics as promised...and I was told by a friend to take care of shipping at $1550 OBO so I'll take his advice. Thanks for looking and just ask if you would like some different angles. The time of day was not conducive to proper lighting in the house. Also comes with two Invector Plus chokes in unopened package.

Mortimer

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One more pic. Apparently, there's a bit of interest if I could put the right pics up maybe some of those questions would be answered. Let's try this one...
Let me know if you can't read it and keep the questions coming. I'll answer them to the best of my knowledge or just call Browning. Thanks again for looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Mortimer 77, welcome to the site. IMHO, your limited success in trapshooting would have been much greater using a 12 ga. instead of your advertised 20 ga. Did you buy it "new"?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually, no I did not buy it new. I bought two guns at the same time: the Citori and a .308 w/bull barrel setup for distance. However, my research on the Citori showed this to be an excellent gun and buying the two together netted me a slight discount. Also, I'm not that bad at shooting clay. I have a Winchester M97 that might be my favorite gun in my collection and when using that I'm not a bad shot. However, I've never been too much on clay and have really started focusing more on my .308 making an attempt to set it up for 500+ yards although i'm not sure how effective it would be. I own property large enough to house a two lane range for 1911 handguns right beside a 500 yard lane. I also have an area to shoot clay. However, I enjoy the distance shooting a bit more. Shooting flying discs is fun but my true enjoyment comes from sitting and dialing in. Ironically, I'm not a hunter but I enjoy the challenge of hitting a cantaloupe at 300 yards. Shooting skeet (which I understand is different than trap) is something I do when my eyes get tired and I lose my aim. Again, my research on this gun showed it to be an excellent buy and someone high up in the wild turkey federation told me to advertise here since I wasn't really thinking about keeping it. I must say I do like the gun from the few times that I put a few through the pipes but I would rather pick up my old m97 than a two round O/U. The price I have set on it is the starting negotiating price. I use blue book and, in my experience, normally get a starting offer 20% below that value and we go from there. $1500 seemed like a reasonable place to start seeing as negotiations are going to take me in a descending direction. Again, I've said this before and I'll say it again, if anyone is interested in the piece then by all means make a reasonable offer of which I will entertain. I'm really just trying to sell this to purchase an AR package from a local company, USA Tactical, that machines every part in their shop just 30 minutes from where I live. I want a base model AR to replace the one I sold (a Colt pre-ban safe queen) for one I can really lean on and feed like a red-headed stepchild.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts