Trapshooters Forum banner

Browning Citori CX Value

4702 Views 11 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  mikelittle
What is a fair price to ask for a very slightly used Citori CX? Less than 500 rounds through it. Excellent condition. Close to as new other than maybe some handling/safe marks.

30" bbls. Stock was cut and adjustable comb and butt plate added by Graco. (13-1/4" - 14-1/2" LOP).
Factory chokes that came with the gun.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
13,531 Posts
My take is, take off 20% for the used gun that's less than 2 years old and in very good condition. Add 50% of the value of the comb and butt plate that you had installed. So, you can add about $250 for that. You have cut the stock, so take off $200 for that. Now you have arrived at a fair price. So I'd price it at about 1,500 to 1,600 bucks. As long as I could still buy this model for the $1,850 price I used as my new price to arrive at the figure above. The Lack of New Models can drive up used prices? Your 30 inch barrels should keep the price on the lower end of my range. If you had 32 inch barrels you could have used the higher end of my range. This works for all makes and models. Good Luck on your Journey. break em all Jeff

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My take is, take off 20% for the used gun that's less than 2 years old and in very good condition. Add 50% of the value of the comb and butt plate that you had installed. So, you can add about $250 for that. You have cut the stock, so take off $200 for that. Now you have arrived at a fair price. So I'd price it at about 1,500 to 1,600 bucks. As long as I could still buy this model for the $1,850 price I used as my new price to arrive at the figure above. The Lack of New Models can drive up used prices? Your 30 inch barrels should keep the price on the lower end of my range. If you had 32 inch barrels you could have used the higher end of my range. This works for all makes and models. Good Luck on your Journey. break em all Jeff
Thanks Jeff. Seems completely reasonable to me.

· Vendor
6,544 Posts
SHOTGUNS: O/U, CITORI HUNTING SERIES

All Citori shotguns which incorporate the Invector choke tube system may be used with steel shot. Invector Plus choke tubes are designed for backbored barrels. DO NOT USE Standard Invector choke tubes in barrels marked for the Invector Plus choking system.
Hand engraving was replaced by machine engraving in late 1982 on all higher grade models.
In addition to the models listed below, Browning has also released SHOT Show specials on some models that were available by dealers ordering them at the SHOT Show only. These models are listed separately under: SHOT SHOW SPECIALS LISTINGS: SHOTGUNS O/U.

Subtract $100 for 26 in. barrels on used guns.

CITORI CX

12 ga., 3 in. chambers, crossover design for trap, skeet, or sporting clays, 28, 30, or 32 in. lightweight profile VR barrels, 3 extended Midas Grade choke tubes, Vector Pro forcing cones, high post rib, interchangeable choke tubes, steel high polished blue receiver with Citori CX logo on sides in gold, Triple Trigger System, ivory bead sight and mid-bead, gloss finished Grade II American walnut stock with or w/o Graco adj. comb, Inflex recoil pad, locking bolt and hinge pin, 60/40 POI, 8.1-8.9 lbs. New 2019.

CITORI CX image1

CITORI CX image2

Show Historic Prices

Grading100%98%95%90%80%70%60%
MSR $2,270 $1,930 $1,685 $1,450 $1,310 $1,060 $875 $750

Add $430 for Graco adj. comb.
Mike Battista

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I priced it at $1650 - to be sent to the local youth shooting club after discussing with the coach.

From a limited quick search, looks like a new Citori CX micro w/ 30" bbls - which is basically what I've turned the gun into - and Graco adjustable butt plate retails for $2049 - $2549. I also have an adjustable comb, but no 1/2 price on a full size stock from Browning grow with me program, so that's a wash there. Took the low end and took off 20% per Jeff's comment.

· Sky Buster
4,482 Posts
I priced it at $1650 - to be sent to the local youth shooting club after discussing with the coach.

From a limited quick search, looks like a new Citori CX micro w/ 30" bbls - which is basically what I've turned the gun into - and Graco adjustable butt plate retails for $2049 - $2549. I also have an adjustable comb, but no 1/2 price on a full size stock from Browning grow with me program, so that's a wash there. Took the low end and took off 20% per Jeff's comment.
Just saw a standard version sell at our club for $1,200.00

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.