Trapshooters Forum banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I purchased one for my wife (cynergy) in November after I did research.
She loves it! She has a BT-99 and a citori lightning. She has not shot either after receiving the cynergy.
She has shot two twenties in five stand at silver dollar and is constantly in the twenties in trap ( everywhere )
Everything has improved. I know it's the Indian and not the bow but I just saying .
Mike

·
Sky Buster
4,029 Posts
I bought a Citori CX a few months ago. So far I like it a lot. Just started shooting again this spring after a 40 year absence and never had a o/u.
I understand that with the introduction of the 725, the XT has been discontinued.
The 725 is now the flagship of the line.

·
Registered
194 Posts
how is not having ported barrels a negative? Some people like ported barrels and some don't i wouldnt even consider buying a gun with ported barrels
how is not having ported barrels a negative? Some people like ported barrels and some don't i wouldnt even consider buying a gun with ported barrels
the guy that could come up with a way to fill in barrel ports with out hurting the barrel would make millions

·
Banned
89 Posts
I bought one and really like it so far. Mine has the Kick-EEZ pad and adjustable comb. It's taken some time to dial it in but now it's there. See photo of it's inner workings, just like the old Citori.
I'm thinking about getting a CX. Can you shoot both trap and sporting clays with this gun?

·
Registered
328 Posts
I'm thinking about getting a CX. Can you shoot both trap and sporting clays with this gun?
Only my opinion, The Citori CX is A good all around gun. First 3 rounds of trap were 23,21,23, Just came in from A round of sporting clays. Shot a 88 with it. Granted I shoot more SC then Trap but I'm liking the gun. I will be taking it apart to add an adjustable butt and to add some weight this afternoon. Then another rd of Clays this Wednesday. This will replace my 1100 Comp syn that I use for trap plus be my SC gun.

·
Banned
89 Posts
Only my opinion, The Citori CX is A good all around gun. First 3 rounds of trap were 23,21,23, Just came in from A round of sporting clays. Shot a 88 with it. Granted I shoot more SC then Trap but I'm liking the gun. I will be taking it apart to add an adjustable butt and to add some weight this afternoon. Then another rd of Clays this Wednesday. This will replace my 1100 Comp syn that I use for trap plus be my SC gun.
Thanks for the reply. How is the recoil and can the LOP be adjusted? I'm currently using 14 3/4" on my Baretta A400.

·
Registered
328 Posts
The 32" barreled gun weighs 8Lb 5Oz, LOP out of the box is 14 1/4", Recoil to me was very manageable. That said, I added 8 Oz of weight in the stock and A SPS LOP adjustable Butt Plate. I have my trigger set on the furthest forward setting of the 3. The only thing I don't like is the sharpness of the checkering on the grip. I am slowly smoothing that out by with A piece of 600 Grit sandpaper that I place in my hand when shooting the gun. Its almost perfect after 3 time out shooting it.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I do - you just need to drop the comb some as, for me, it's too high when shooting trap to work at Sporting where you need a slightly flatter shooting gun.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm looking at a citori cx 30" for my daughter. My son shoots a citori crossover target same as cx in 32" for skeet and clays it could be a little shorter for skeet but he handles it well. I wished they had the cx in 28" for her they do have the citori cxs in 28" but this gun shoots to flat. Really best to put hands on them before purchase in my opinion !

·
Registered
71 Posts
Forgot to mention we do have a 725 combo and they both love the thinner feel of it but my son calls the citori crossover his baby still today. The 725 is a good trap gun. Dollar vs dollar let the shooter decide. If it fits it just fits and if you buy because of a few dollars you will always have some regrets!

·
Registered
21 Posts
New here, I've had 2 older Citori 28"ers. One had ported barrels. Cabela's has a heck of a deal on CX so I went to buy one in 30", had none but the one on the rack. I wanted one in the box un touched. So ordered on line, 9-10 week back ordered. Sounds like a Nice gun, I'm a 5-stand shooter, not shot a gun with a high rib.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Great gun. A friend of mine has a special sporting clay edition which practically the same gun. He has shot since the mid 90's. Very reliable, he has to have well over 100,000 rounds through it with no issues

·
Banned
2,822 Posts
The Browning Citori CX does not come from the factory with an adjustable comb, but it does come with the Browning Inflex recoil pad. There are no options other than barrel length.

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Whats the word on this CX cross over...looks like a cool gun, does it shoot worth a hoot? Its not a Citori is it?
Yes it is a citori. My cxt is a great shooter. I had some stock work done by Tron and it fits me perfectly. He really likes the cx line.

·
Banned
2,822 Posts
Really like my Citori CX. Feels good. Nice wood. Handles nicely. Reliable. Accpetable recoil (installed a LimbSaver AirTech recoil pad). And a beautiful gun on top of all that (see post #32).

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have a CXS. I love it. It does shoot very flat (as designed). It's better suited for sporting clays, skeet & whacking doves.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts