Trapshooters Forum banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
The Crossover and CX are the exact same gun as the Browning Special Sporting that was available in the 80's and 90's. A Citori through and through. At that time it sold for $2895! I've owned all of them and the Crossover or newly branded CX is the best O/U for the money bar none!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have a whole safe full of Browning Shotguns. The 725 just doesn't feel the same as the Citori and BT models.
They are very nice shotguns just not the one I'm looking for.
Fair enough, one of our local shooters, uses a 625, and when I asked him about it, he said, the 725 is crap. I didn't ask why, but later sort of wondered, and I see a lot of them on the board for sale. Actually thinking about going back to a Browning, just cheaper to maintain.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I had a blue laminated one. The only negative I would see with it is it does not have ported barrels and has a hard recoil pad.
I prefer the old Citori platform, over and under and BT 99.
Not a fan of the 725, just old school.
why would non ported barrels be a negative, that was one reason I bought a crossover when they first came out. an ADJ stock & kickeez pad made it a great gun.
jack mc

·
Registered
791 Posts
I agree with Cactus.
I have one ported shotgun and cant stand the extra noise.
I cant tell a difference in recoil, so its more of a distactor than a help.
Its also one of the reasons for buying a CX.
A lot of gun for the money. Hard to beat that deal.
George

·
Registered
157 Posts
The Crossover and CX are the exact same gun as the Browning Special Sporting that was available in the 80's and 90's. A Citori through and through. At that time it sold for $2895! I've owned all of them and the Crossover or newly branded CX is the best O/U for the money bar none!
Couldn't be said any better.
I had a friend that picked up a used 2016 CX 30" for under 1500. Guy bought it new took it out and shot a couple of boxes said he couldn't hit anything and brought it back and traded for a 725 combo week later. I said we need to check the regulation on the barrels, I pulled out my laser-lite bore sight to check. It was right on the money both barrel have same POI at 30yrds. Needless to say I was impressed. A ton of gun for the money and by the way I think porting is a detractor on a barrel for me. I cant stand looking down the barrel and seeing the cheese hanging from it. Anyway you look at it its as solid a choice as anything in that $ range.

The 725 is a low receiver gun bit different from the 325-625 models the idea was to make a lower center of gravity to give a better handling gun. . Why they used the 725 name instead of a different name, who knows guess to confuse buyers. Look how the cynergy line is doing. Don't think its received as great an accolades as browning would have liked. 725 a bad gun? No,,, I wouldn't call it that. A different gun that makes a total 90 degree turn from the citori line. Some it fits well but most citori shooters know its different with one pull to the shoulder.

Happy Shooting
Red

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just picked up my Citori CX 32" yesterday. Love it! Shot 4 squads today without patterning it and with the factory IC choke. 20,19,19,23. Minimal felt recoil, swings smoothly, and crushes clays. The hardest thing to get used to is it swings a tiny bit faster than my BT-99 with a 34" barrel.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
They (Browning) have marked the receiver 3 or 4 different ways since the brought it out a few years ago. Seem to change it every year. Gun is the same. I bought mine the first year. Marked similar to the special sporting clays where it looks like its in writing. Prefer the looks of mine.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I've had a 30" CX for almost one-year. Shoot everything including registered trap with it.

It shoot's a little high for me, but is a good compromise for what I use it for.

I shot trap better with couple of XT's that I had. Can't beat the price

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
cynergy-cx.jpg
Citori CX.jpg
Browning-Citori-Crossover-Target-018015-3280.jpg
I am new to stuff, but I was under the impression the CX was for "Cross Over"...maybe not

thanx
mike
Two different guns. (actually three, since the Crossover logo is no longer being made) Here's the Cynergy CX the Citori CX and the Crossover Target

[

·
Registered
880 Posts
Here is the link from Browning..
Cynergy

The reason I started this thread about the question on if they still make them is because I was trying to order the CX model from a dealer at our local club and he told me they made the CX model for a one time deal for a "Gun Show"..

I didn't think that was true because I seem to see them and reviews everywhere! But, I was not sure.

Mike
Ignorance covered with bullshit is a reason to never do business with a dealer. I absolutely hate going into big box stores and some independents where the guy behind the counter has all the information - even when they do not understand the question. I hate it mostly because I want to be able to count on them to educate me about things I do not know, and if they BS me about something I do know - I'm done! I'm interested in a relationship I can trust and will sometimes pay more than the price at the big box store or the megastore just for that reason.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Ignorance covered with bullshit is a reason to never do business with a dealer. I absolutely hate going into big box stores and some independents where the guy behind the counter has all the information - even when they do not understand the question. I hate it mostly because I want to be able to count on them to educate me about things I do not know, and if they BS me about something I do know - I'm done! I'm interested in a relationship I can trust and will sometimes pay more than the price at the big box store or the megastore just for that reason.
Yup
In this case this dealer / person I believe lost my future business and one of my buds .

Thanx
Mike

·
Registered
59 Posts
Today I was at Bass Pro and saw a Cynergy CX for $$1500. seems like a great deal to me. I wish I had not bought a used Cynergy trap for substantially more than that. I like not having ported barrels and if I could get a micro for that price that would be even better.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I bought a Citori CX on sale this week at Cabela's, DE on sale for $1599 with an additional $100 rebate from Browning. I selected the 30" to shoot some sporting clays and skeet with it. It came with a IC, M, and F choke. First time out of the box Tuesday I ran 25 with the M in the bottom barrel at my trap club. Recoil was fine with their new pad. I really like it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Anyone else have a cynergy sporting or a Citori cx?
Wonder what they think?
Brother is looking for something that can be used for sporting clays and his budget is 1500ish.
I suggested something used, but curious if these will hold up.
Any info is appreciated from people who own one.
Thanks!

·
Registered
791 Posts
I have the CX.
Great gun so far.
I don't have many rounds thru it, about 500.
It's my doubles gun, now that I have my BT99.
It'll last my lifetime.
George

·
Registered
485 Posts
I just picked up my Citori CX 32" yesterday. Love it! Shot 4 squads today without patterning it and with the factory IC choke. 20,19,19,23. Minimal felt recoil, swings smoothly, and crushes clays. The hardest thing to get used to is it swings a tiny bit faster than my BT-99 with a 34" barrel.
In my opinion I would tighten up the choke a little bit.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I bought a Citori CX a few months ago. So far I like it a lot. Just started shooting again this spring after a 40 year absence and never had a o/u.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts