Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll let you know.
I just bought one for my wife from Cheaper than Dirt. Should get next week

It's a little lighter and "prettier" (silver nitride receiver) than the CX model

She is shooting a 26" barrel Citori Lightning now that she loves and this is to replace it. (30" barrel)

She wants it for everything but trap singles (She shoots a BT99 for singles)

mike

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is the link from Browning..
Cynergy

The reason I started this thread about the question on if they still make them is because I was trying to order the CX model from a dealer at our local club and he told me they made the CX model for a one time deal for a "Gun Show"..

I didn't think that was true because I seem to see them and reviews everywhere! But, I was not sure.

Mike

·
Registered
485 Posts
I had a blue laminated one. The only negative I would see with it is it does not have ported barrels and has a hard recoil pad.
I prefer the old Citori platform, over and under and BT 99.
Not a fan of the 725, just old school.

·
Registered
832 Posts
The cx is not ported and has a lesser grade of wood than the XT. I have the crossover which is the same and have had very good luck with it the past two years. Just cannot beat a citori for value and dependability.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I had a blue laminated one. The only negative I would see with it is it does not have ported barrels and has a hard recoil pad.
Your the second one who has dissed the 725? Wonder why, not a Browning guy, except my first gun and still back up is an old GTI, shooting Perazzi now, but just always curious why the Browning loyals don't like the 725.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
how is not having ported barrels a negative? Some people like ported barrels and some don't i wouldnt even consider buying a gun with ported barrels

·
Registered
791 Posts
I have the CX Micro. Great gun so far. Shoots 4 inches high for me which is great for me.
The crossover had the hard recoil pad.
The CX has a very nice pad that is soft and is soft to shoot.
The CX is a Citori. It's labeled Citori CX on the receiver.
I don't have very many rounds through mine. About 2000, but has been flawless so far.
I did get a BT99 for singles/handicap, b/c I wanted a higher POI.
You might want to check Ables Ammo. I bought mine on Gunbroker from Able.
They have a sell on a couple of CX models on their website.
Browning Citori Shotguns for Sale Online from Browning Firearms - Guns for Sale - Able Ammo
Here's a 30 inch CX for 1550. Good Price:
Browning Citori CX Shotgun 018039303, 12 Gauge, 30 in, 3 in Chmbr, Grade II American Walnut Stock, G - Able Ammo
They have a Micro 28 inch for 1450.
George

·
Registered
485 Posts
Your the second one who has dissed the 725? Wonder why, not a Browning guy, except my first gun and still back up is an old GTI, shooting Perazzi now, but just always curious why the Browning loyals don't like the 725.
I have a whole safe full of Browning Shotguns. The 725 just doesn't feel the same as the Citori and BT models.
They are very nice shotguns just not the one I'm looking for.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently bought a CX micro. I love it. No porting, 30" barrels. It's a little heavier than the 725 but I got over that very quickly. I don't notice the weight moving from a Browning Silver. So far so good. I'd recommend one to my friends and family. It's a no-frills kind of gun. No engraving, fairly plain wood but when I pull the trigger it goes bang and the price was great. Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I recently bought a CX micro. I love it. No porting, 30" barrels. It's a little heavier than the 725 but I got over that very quickly. I don't notice the weight moving from a Browning Silver. So far so good. I'd recommend one to my friends and family. It's a no-frills kind of gun. No engraving, fairly plain wood but when I pull the trigger it goes bang and the price was great. Good luck in your search.
on the way to the ffl now to pick my wife's gun up!!! "EXCITED!"

mike

1 - 20 of 62 Posts