Trapshooters Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Administrator
8,524 Posts
I have been kicking around the idea of getting a 725 trap O/U in the 30" bl. version for quite some time and was at my local sporting goods store who also happen to be a very strong supporter of our local club and they had on display exactly what I was considering.
As I see a lot of Brownings of various versions at shoots and leagues what really got my attention on this one was that it had really really nice wood. Not bland looking at all. I know that is not a reason to make a purchase and I have had a fair amount of experience with the 725 and will be looking forward to the possibilities that this one has to offer.

I have gotten good results with the Carlson's tubes in the 725s and will more that likely add a RAD recoil reduction unit to it so I can get the LOP to where I want it. Hope to post pics towards the end of the week :)

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I have been kicking around the idea of getting a 725 trap O/U in the 30" bl. version for quite some time and was at my local sporting goods store who also happen to be a very strong supporter of our local club and they had on display exactly what I was considering.
As I see a lot of Brownings of various versions at shoots and leagues what really got my attention on this one was that it had really really nice wood. Not bland looking at all. I know that is not a reason to make a purchase and I have had a fair amount of experience with the 725 and will be looking forward to the possibilities that this one has to offer.

I have gotten good results with the Carlson's tubes in the 725s and will more that likely add a RAD recoil reduction unit to it so I can get the LOP to where I want it. Hope to post pics towards the end of the week :)
The wood on them is beautiful . This is the only gun I took off the shelf where lop was on the money. I might go a little longer or add +3/8 of adjustability when I install my Soft Touch . It's kind of odd, but my lop on my Maxus sporting clays gun is 14 7/8, and this one is on the money with the lop at 14 1/2. It has to do with the style of grip and stock profile. My sporting clays stock has my right hand so high that my nose bumps my thumb knuckle , so I needed more lop. They both feel "right" and shoulder quite naturally.

Btw, the Citori lop can be adjusted to 14 3/8, 14 1/2, and 14 5/8 by adjusting the trigger location . I never bought that this was a legit way to adjust lop , but it seems good so far. Will know more after I shoot it. .

·
Administrator
8,524 Posts
The wood on them is beautiful . This is the only gun I took off the shelf where lop was on the money. I might go a little longer or add +3/8 of adjustability when I install my Soft Touch . It's kind of odd, but my lop on my Maxus sporting clays gun is 14 7/8, and this one is on the money with the lop at 14 1/2. It has to do with the style of grip and stock profile. My sporting clays stock has my right hand so high that my nose bumps my thumb knuckle , so I needed more lop. They both feel "right" and shoulder quite naturally.

Btw, the Citori lop can be adjusted to 14 3/8, 14 1/2, and 14 5/8 by adjusting the trigger location . I never bought that this was a legit way to adjust lop , but it seems good so far. Will know more after I shoot it. .
Ultimately having the stock adjusted correctly for LOP--consistent face placement on the comb--toe out adjustment ect. and of course recoil reduction I will go with a RAD 2 to help with all that.

Changing the position of the trigger can help but is not the over all solution.

Hopefully I will be able to post some pics on Friday :)

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Ultimately having the stock adjusted correctly for LOP--consistent face placement on the comb--toe out adjustment ect. and of course recoil reduction I will go with a RAD 2 to help with all that.

Exactly my thoughts on the fitting. I thought one of my guns fit until one of the guys on here helped me discover I was canting my gun. I think the adjustable butt plate helped me much much more than I could have imagined.

I look forward to seeing pics with the Rad

·
Registered
347 Posts

I have a 725 Trap with Browning's 'triple trigger', as well. My take is that the 3-position trigger adjusts for hand size, not LOP.
Moving the trigger to the rearmost position fits my short, fat hands and makes the gun much more comfortable to shoot.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I got my Citori 725 last week. I have shot 12 rounds with it and it is much better than I could have imagined.

I bought Muller chokes for it. I find those impressive as well.

I could not be happier with this gun. I had been trying to convert a Maxus Sporting Clays into a trap gun. I had the adjustable comb and recoil pad. I got to the point where I was shooting well with it. But the Citori 725 is built for trap.. It is so much easier to hit a rising target with it. I love it. Thanks all for the advice.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i found a lightly used Citori 725 trap model with an adjustable comb at my Lgs. It was pristine.

I'd like opinions from owners on how they like the guns, and if they recoil hard. It fits me perfect off the shelf and weighs 8lb 11 oz, so I'm thinking it will be a piece of cake .

The lever is to the right, the gun is very stiff to break open.

The list price on the Browning site is $$3739. I've no clue as to the street price. The price at my lgs was $2495. I seriously doubt if this gun has had a box of shells run through it. It was that clean.

Thoughts?
Love my 725 Trap. Excellent gun! Mine is 32" bbls, high rib w/adjustable comb. Fits great, never had to adjust the comb but I wish I had bought the low rib and 30" bbls. I own more than a few shotguns and except for BT 99 all are low rib so I'm more used to that. Also, 32" bbls need longer cleaning rod...no big deal, just one more thing. I also wish Browning hadn't gone to the DS chokes. I am thinking they did this because so many places are requiring steel/non toxic shot now days and these are sized accordingly. I another thread someone advised to mic these because the constriction may not be what you expect and I agree with that. I haven't shot factory chokes for some time anyway but again, just one more thing

·
Registered
136 Posts
I just picked up a like new 725 for $2100. It has a Monte Carlo stock so no adjustable rib. Fits me like a glove and shoots well. My son also shoots a 725 and loves it. Great gun.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I got my Citori 725 last week. I have shot 12 rounds with it and it is much better than I could have imagined.

I bought Muller chokes for it. I find those impressive as well.

I could not be happier with this gun. I had been trying to convert a Maxus Sporting Clays into a trap gun. I had the adjustable comb and recoil pad. I got to the point where I was shooting well with it. But the Citori 725 is built for trap.. It is so much easier to hit a rising target with it. I love it. Thanks all for the advice.
Glad you like your 725 and it worked out for you...I shouldered a 725 at Cabela's a month or so ago and it has an amazing feel to it.

·
Banned
432 Posts
I use a 725 Trap. Mine has the Monte Carlo stock. I had the stock cut and adjustable comb and a RAD IIa recoil reducer installed and then the gun was fit to me. Replaced the chokes with Briley M and F. Just bought Briley IC for first shot of Doubles.
KIMM

·
Registered
19 Posts
i found a lightly used Citori 725 trap model with an adjustable comb at my Lgs. It was pristine.

I'd like opinions from owners on how they like the guns, and if they recoil hard. It fits me perfect off the shelf and weighs 8lb 11 oz, so I'm thinking it will be a piece of cake .

The list price on the Browning site is $$3739. I've no clue as to the street price. The price at my lgs was $2495. I seriously doubt if this gun has had a box of shells run through it. It was that clean.

Thoughts?
I bought one on trap shooters last year , have already shot 2 / 25's with it, just love the gun.....

·
Registered
72 Posts
both of my girls shoot 725 and love them adjustable graciol so it fits them well the only problem so far is the firing pin had to be replaced on 1 of them

·
Registered
10,552 Posts
I shouldered it with my eyes closed over and over . I even tried to mess up shouldering it and every time I opened my eyes it was perfect.
That's the best way to check and see if the shotgun fits Ya!!!

Browning's as a rule are not built to take the abuse of a lot of shooting like a registered shoot every week-end.
I beg your pardon!!! It should take about 300,000 to 350,000 rounds before your browning needs to be rebuilt. Then after another 300,000 to 350,000 you'll likely have to do some extensive work to rebuilt it again. Its at this time you'll have to decide if its worth the cost. Till then shoot the browning as often as you can.

I want to get some extended chokes for it. What works well with the 725?
I prefer Briley's. They have long been the bar that the other brands have to match. Briley will also give you discount if you buy 5 chokes at a time in there case. They will toss in a speed wrench too. I have not heard of another company who gives a discount for chokes.

Does anyone know if a single barrel can be purchased later?
No!!! If you find another barrel and have it fitted to your receiver, it will likely "Void" your lifetime Browning Warranty on your shotgun.
Anyone have any ideas of how to clean this stuff out?
Yep, Shoot about 100 shells through each barrel. That ought to do it!!! Best of Luck with your new Browning shotgun! and Enjoy your Journey. break em all Jeff

·
Registered
21 Posts

Thoughts?
I have a single under model 725 and love it after shooting 3000 trap targets last year. I paid approx. $3300.00 from Gund Unlimited in Omaha and also got a rebate from Browning. I have had several trap guns over the years and like this one a lot. If you can get this gun fo $2495 I would jump all over it! Good luck and enjoy.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just bought a 725 MAX and it is the best gun so far that I have owned. I have owned them all at one time or other. I think that for the money the browning 725's, XT or Citoris are the way to go. If it fits right out of the box that is a real plus.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts