Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found a lightly used Citori 725 trap model with an adjustable comb at my Lgs. It was pristine.

I'd like opinions from owners on how they like the guns, and if they recoil hard. It fits me perfect off the shelf and weighs 8lb 11 oz, so I'm thinking it will be a piece of cake .

The lever is to the right, the gun is very stiff to break open.

The list price on the Browning site is $$3739. I've no clue as to the street price. The price at my lgs was $2495. I seriously doubt if this gun has had a box of shells run through it. It was that clean.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've got the Pro Trap version of the gun and I'm in love with it. Fits me perfect, swings nice, and the recoil is soft. It's a great gun and I would definitely recommend it.

I did a lot of shopping for both the standard and pro models before I buy and the typical store price for a new 725 trap with adj comb is $3100. So if you can get it in like new for $2495, it's practically a steal.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I also found a excellent used 725 trap about a month ago. Still tight. Not a scratch. Feels great. Shoots great. Glad I got it. $2195. No adjustable comb. Get it.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The thing fit perfect right off the rack. That never happens!

The tax on it would bring me to $2675 total. Still sounds like s great price compared to 3100.

I have to start bargaining with the boss. Money is a little tight, but I have four guns in the safe that I could sell.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm gonna put a deposit on it to put it on layaway .

Guys at my range have been very generous letting me try their guns. Some of them 25k +. But I don't think extra $ makes up for a great fit. I shouldered it with my eyes closed over and over . I even tried to mess up shouldering it and every time I opened my eyes it was perfect.

On a side note, I went shooting tonight with my Maxus Sporting Clays. Wouldn't ya know it was the best outing I ever had with it !

I had almost talked myself out of the 725 by the time I got home. Then I read your replies :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Last week I took advantage of the Browning rebate and purchased one. have only shot a few rounds of trap through it. So far really enjoy shooting it and looking forward to many more.
Rick

·
Registered
40 Posts
I got the Guns Unlimited combo a couple of weeks ago. Only 100 rounds through it so far. The 10% rebate helped with the decision. Coming off my 45 year old 870 and the first o/u. Go for it.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
$2,495 is the average price for a used Browning 725....you might be able to negotiate a better deal for yourself.

SM
I'm going over this evening to put down a deposit and start the background check.

Also, SM, I was not able to do much better in price , but they did provide a $150 hard case, and a couple chokes that did not come with the gun . I'm feeling pretty good about it.

One last thing, Does anyone know poi didstribution? 70:30 maybe? I've seen numbers all over the board in my searches.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I really wanted to love this gun. the 725 trap was my dream gun. I shot it twice, and just never felt right to me. I ended up with a Joel Etchen custom Beretta trap gun. Just fit me better. if you like the fit of the 725, GET IT. it is a great gun

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Brownings seem to last forever. If you take good care of it, it will treat you well.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts