Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if these are truly LH, or kinda "universal fit"/modified RH grip?

I know at one point there wasn't enough popularity to offer LH and RH grips for certain models, so the LH version was simply the RH version with the palm "wing" cut off.

This meant that for those models the LH grip didn't fit the hand as well as the models they made an actual LH version for.

Thinking about putting a trap gun together and a PFS would be integral.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I bought mine second hand so I'm not sure about the new ones, but my left hand grip feels identical in either hand, just the wing thing is longer on the left side.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
This is for a 725 but I imagine they are all the same as far as palm swell goes.
IMG_20200712_213703.jpg
IMG_20200712_213640_1.jpg
IMG_20200712_213614.jpg
IMG_20200712_213600.jpg

·
Registered
14,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If your BT grip matches what is closest to the stabilizer bracket (most importantly in the first pic) then that answers my question.

pfs.jpg

Some of the earlier LH grips didn't have that angle at the back, it was straight flat across if that makes sense.

The palm swells have always been ambidextrous on all PFS grips to the best of my knowledge.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I'm a lefty with a righty bt-99 grip and I don't notice any difference. There are palm swells on both sides. The only issue I've run into is, since the slash is on the opposite side of the back of the grip, when you swap the top bar over for lefty vs right, the top bar can impact the edge of the grip as the stock collapses, especially when the LOP is adjusted short. If you take a dremel tool and relieve it where it contacts, you won't have a problem.

·
Registered
14,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm a lefty with a righty bt-99 grip and I don't notice any difference. There are palm swells on both sides. The only issue I've run into is, since the slash is on the opposite side of the back of the grip, when you swap the top bar over for lefty vs right, the top bar can impact the edge of the grip as the stock collapses, especially when the LOP is adjusted short. If you take a dremel tool and relieve it where it contacts, you won't have a problem.
That's the thing, I don't want a righty grip, or a modifed righty grip. If I can't get a LH grip for the BT99, I'll scratch it off my list of potential guns. Just sent Target Shotguns a message to confirm.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
On the two PFS grips I have they have palm swells on both sides. In addition to the grip wings at the rear of the grip being cut differently on a left hand stock you also move the top rod. In your photo the rod is on the right. On a right hand stock the rod would be on the left.

·
Registered
14,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Steve @ Target Shotguns responded extremely quickly, there are LH and RH grips for the BT. It's the Ljutic and TM1 grips that are RH only (and what I was thinking of).

·
Premium Member
651 Posts
Steve @ Target Shotguns responded extremely quickly, there are LH and RH grips for the BT. It's the Ljutic and TM1 grips that are RH only (and what I was thinking of).
The left and rt grip on the BT99 are the same exact grip. Only difference is what side they notch, there is no palm swell. Also, when they trim the opening of the grip, my palm hangs over the edge by about 2"... I still love the PFS, but really, they could make improvements on it easily.. it needs a palm swell and they need more material extended back. If you have some small hands, maybe it's perfect.. I have xl hands.. I am disappointed with the grip for the 99, love the stock

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Does anyone know if they make a left hand grip for a long tang?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts