Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a BT-99 with an extractor (not ejector) and I can't seem to find any instructions on how to remove the extractor for cleaning. Any help is appreciated.

thanks
bob

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
There is a screw in the lug that keeps the extractor in the underlug. The screw head is opposite the side the extractor is on.

The difference between a BT99 extracting or ejecting is a spring in the forend. The mechanical action that moves the shell is going to be the same whether the ejection spring is active or not.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
The screw is a special item, there prone to breaking and then it becomes a real pain to remove the pieces, My old BT-100 always seem to break this screw... Good Luck.... also when putting it back in put some blue loctite on it

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm, sounds like I might be better off to leave it alone until it stops working or breaks.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I was thinking the same thing and I'll leave mine alone too. " If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Other than the extremely fine screw slot on the head of the screw it is one of the simpler applications of a moving part with a screw stop/keeper in use.

The old guys that I got to know from being my dad's side kick as a youth, always observed or let on that

They saw more damage from attempted cleaning than if a gun had just been used "dirty".

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
Take just the barrel without the wood and spray it with solvent or brake cleaner then blow it off with compressed air. Be sure to oil it lightly before your done. I use G96 Gun Treatment and blow it off with air again but not completely bone dry when I'm done. Taking this screw apart for cleaning is not necessary so leave the screw alone unless something is broken. I have 40 year old BT's that never had the screw out except when I broke an ejector extension on one of them. Use a thin bit screwdriver blade and NEVER put locktite or any other crap on this screw when installing it again or you will have trouble next time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts