Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my trap shooting buddies loaned me his Browning Broadway. Any ideas on engraving? I cleaned it up a little and will shoot just for the experience soon.
Wood Tints and shades Air gun Font Blade
Tableware Revolver Wood Knife Font
Wood Tints and shades Air gun Font Blade

Tableware Revolver Wood Knife Font

·
Registered
Perazzi TMS
30 Posts
Pacific Sporting Arms has a gun of the same make and model with comparable engraving (in my un-trained opinion) on their website. The description states that the gun was done by “Belgian Master L. Lambert” if that is any help.

If you filter for “Trap Guns” on their website, it’s on the very last page.

·
Premium Member
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
30 inch barrels

·
Premium Member
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't know who did it but the friend would have a really hard time GETTING IT BACK!!!
My Best
Jim
I'm trying to get them "lost". Maybe I should just tell they went mysteriously "missing", lol. That is some nice engraving.

·
Premium Member
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I attempted to take off the convoluted task of forearm removal. I can get the latch undone, slide forearm forward on the barrel, then remove the barrels. However, the forearm doesn't come off the barrels and being an old gun I don't want to force the wood off the barrel, I'm afraid I'll split the wood. I read where there are two different "detachments "?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I attempted to take off the convoluted task of forearm removal. I can get the latch undone, slide forearm forward on the barrel, then remove the barrels. However, the forearm doesn't come off the barrels and being an old gun I don't want to force the wood off the barrel, I'm afraid I'll split the wood. I read where there are two different "detachments "?
The wood doesn't come off the barrels. It slides forward, but it stays on the barrels. Open the latch, slide forward and remove barrels. Very different, super easy when you understand it and do it a few times. Best of luck. Beautful gun!

·
Registered
949 Posts
Educate yourself. All the Browning manuals are on their website.

·
Premium Member
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Educate yourself. All the Browning manuals are on their website.
I appreciate your suggestion, however, Broadway isn't listed even under discontinued models, unless I'm overlooking something.

I found it.

·
Premium Member
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Since this new to me, the one thing I don't understand is the forearm is not to removed. It would drive me insane if I shot this in the rain and couldn't dry and oil this area.

Font Document Terrestrial plant Number

·
Registered
574 Posts
The following info is taken from a 1966 Browning catalog and may not apply to all years. ....It may or may not be of interest to you.

The Browning Superposed TRAP models consisted of the Broadway (5/8" rib) and Lightning (5/16" rib).

The Broadway Trap was available in 12 ga with 30" or 32" barrels. ....The Lightning Trap was 12 ga with 30" barrels. ...Both models listed as 7 lbs 12 oz for 30" barrels. ....Non-standard barrels were available on special order with additional charge.

The Broadway and Lightning were available as Grade 1, Pigeon, Diana, or Midas grades. ....Engraving complexity & wood grain improved as the grades increased. ....Midas grade had gold inlays in the engravings. ....Grade 1 was the base model and appears to be what is shown in your pics.

In 1966, the Broadway Trap listed as: Grade 1 - $430.00 Pigeon grade - $605.00 Diana grade - $805.00 Midas grade - $1,1240.00 .....Lightning Trap grades listed for $20 less than Broadway grades.

The serial number of your Broadway will indicate the year of manufacture.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Open forearm latch- slide forearm forward- open barrel latch to break open gun [ while holding barrel assembly ] and when barrels are tilted downward fully, the barrel assembly should lift off the pivot trunion and receiver. Re-assemble in reverse order.

·
Registered
160 Posts
The following info is taken from a 1966 Browning catalog and may not apply to all years. ....It may or may not be of interest to you.

The Browning Superposed TRAP models consisted of the Broadway (5/8" rib) and Lightning (5/16" rib).

The Broadway Trap was available in 12 ga with 30" or 32" barrels. ....The Lightning Trap was 12 ga with 30" barrels. ...Both models listed as 7 lbs 12 oz for 30" barrels. ....Non-standard barrels were available on special order with additional charge.

The Broadway and Lightning were available as Grade 1, Pigeon, Diana, or Midas grades. ....Engraving complexity & wood grain improved as the grades increased. ....Midas grade had gold inlays in the engravings. ....Grade 1 was the base model and appears to be what is shown in your pics.

In 1966, the Broadway Trap listed as: Grade 1 - $430.00 Pigeon grade - $605.00 Diana grade - $805.00 Midas grade - $1,1240.00 .....Lightning Trap grades listed for $20 less than Broadway grades.

The serial number of your Broadway will indicate the year of manufacture.
with all due respect this is not a grade 1. The engraving is a B2G. My guess is that it probably is only marked fabrique national and not Browning.There were some that were restamped as Browning’s and brought in- I think it was done by Jacques. If you could provide additional photosof the receiver flats and barrel markings, that would be helpful.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts