Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14,153 Posts
I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Make sure you put some sort of friction material (tape) on the back of them if they don't already have some, it looks like the two screws straddle the solid section between the vents in the mid rib on the 725 to lock it in place and you have a wide open area under the f/e on the 692.

The price is exorbitant though.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Make sure you put some sort of friction material (tape) on the back of them if they don't already have some, it looks like the two screws straddle the solid section between the vents in the mid rib on the 725 to lock it in place and you have a wide open area under the f/e on the 692.

The price is exorbitant though.
Ian,

Many thanks for your thoughts - much appreciated. You're right about the cost!

Jim

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Not sure if you can make that yourself or not but willing to bet your local gunsmith could. If he has a small Bridgeport mill he could knock that out easy.

I may experiment and make a set here at work.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure if you can make that yourself or not but willing to bet your local gunsmith could. If he has a small Bridgeport mill he could knock that out easy.

I may experiment and make a set here at work.
Last year I actually did speak to my gunsmith about making me some weights. He was a toolmaker working for GM in the UK before getting laid off about 40 years ago. He shot Olympic trap for GB in the 1976 Olympics. He turned his hand to stock making after losing his job. He's done that very successfully ever since. Unfortunately he's not been well and nor has his wife, so I think he's closed down now. I'll have to tap on a few more doors.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
At one time angle port made them. I had some on a trap special. I dont know if they still make them, but they were pretty proud of them!

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Browning 725 titanium barrels weights have finally arrived. I've fitted then to the barrels inside the fore-end of my Beretta 692 skeet gun. The two retaining studs were about 1 mm too long so I had to run a file over the threaded ends a few times. Weather permitting I'll give the Beretta-Browning hybrid a try this coming week.

·
Registered
703 Posts
If you want to try the weight you could just use golfers lead tape, sticks like a bugger, I use it on my clubs to change the swing weight, 1/2" x 6' roll is about $10 works great.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you want to try the weight you could just use golfers lead tape, sticks like a bugger, I use it on my clubs to change the swing weight, 1/2" x 6' roll is about $10 works great.
I've tried that and wheel weights...........on my barrels...........not my clubs (they're all D2 and don't need added weight) :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts