Trapshooters Forum banner

Browning barrel decal

7970 Views 22 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  blackandgold
Just wondering what I should do. Take it off? Or leave it. I don’t see me getting rid of this gun but I say that about all of them. Being I bought it new though, it’ll likely stay. If I do remove it should I just hit it with a hair dryer?
Reactions: 1964_Superposed
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
2,071 Posts
The showroom sticker on the barrel? My couple of bought new Brownings, they just peeled right off. No effort really

Reactions: Adamf41

· Premium Member
30,370 Posts
Stick it on the back of a Subaru parked at Whole Foods and enjoy the thought of melting a snowflake
Or a Prius. Bunch of smug people. Think everyone else are suckers for not jumping on the government grant money to buy that electric environment hazard.

· Registered
354 Posts
Stick it on the back of a Subaru parked at Whole Foods and enjoy the thought of melting a snowflake
You can stick it on my Subaru, but you'd have to put it next to my existing Browning decal, the Camp Perry (National Matches), or the GCA Rifle Team decals. ;)
Oh, and I have never been to Whole Foods.
Mike B
PS: If I remember right, the one that came on a recent Browning to be more of a cling-type thing. Not too much adhesive. It didn't seem like it was meant to stay on, though I have seen people with them on there.

· Premium Member
30,370 Posts
I left mine on for a bit until the guys started making snide remarks. Then I peeled them off. It helps to heat them up a bit to come off easier.
Just tell them your protecting the bluing from ham handed plug-uglies stumbling around the gun rack.

Reactions: charleyj10

· Registered
13,547 Posts
but you really needed to start a thread on the internet to decide whether to remove a sticker?
This is called "Cabin Fever" it happens to Yankee's ever year about this time!!! They spend way to much time indoors. The worse the Winter, the Worse the Fever Gets!!!

No need to worry though. It'll all clear up come spring. break em all jeff

· Registered
94 Posts
I haven’t had the funds to buy a new shotgun in decades so this has not been an issue for me to face, however when I started seeing Browning stickers on o/u at the trap line I always wondered to myself if they were permanent or removable .... thanks to this thread I know it is a choice.

· Premium Member
2,344 Posts
Just tell them your protecting the bluing from ham handed plug-uglies stumbling around the gun rack.
Good idea. I’ll do that. I heard a term the other day too that was a good one. Rack Rash. I have two nice Brownings that developed that malady. Brand new and they got skinned up. I fixed one of them already and the other one will be fixed later. Guess I need one of those padded gun caddies.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.