Trapshooters Forum banner

Browning B725 EARLY made guns

1426 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  elwoodb7
At our small club a guy showed up with (what I believe is) an early B725 Browing(sporter)
Wood Hunting knife Natural material Blade Knife
. Shiny nickel action, etching pattern on it, WIDE vent rib. I believe this "receiver pattern" was sort of exclusive to the early run of B725's.
On current B725's they went to a narrow rib, at least from what Ive seen.
If I were to go on a quest to search for one of these(used), is there a " way to search " so I dont get every dang 725 in the world?
Also was there a Model 525 sold in the US market?
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,061 Posts
The receiver looks very similar to a new 725 my buddy just bought, I can’t remember off the top of my head if the rib is wide, though.

There was a 525 model sold in the US, there was also a 325, 425, and 625 in the family. To my knowledge, the 725 is the only one that came in a trap model, all the others were just sporting.

· Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I did a search for a 525 for sale, Cabela's had one, exactly what Im looking for. Pics were fab and price was good too. I called with credit card in hand, and it sold 10 days ago. Bummer

· Registered
169 Posts
At our small club a guy showed up with (what I believe is) an early B725 Browing(sporter) View attachment 1747706 . Shiny nickel action, etching pattern on it, WIDE vent rib. I believe this "receiver pattern" was sort of exclusive to the early run of B725's.
On current B725's they went to a narrow rib, at least from what Ive seen.
If I were to go on a quest to search for one of these(used), is there a " way to search " so I dont get every dang 725 in the world?
Also was there a Model 525 sold in the US market?
View attachment 1747706
Looks like the same receiver on my 2019 model 725 Sporting

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.