Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if Browning will make a set of barrels for an existing gun? I have a 20 ga. B25 N.S.S. and would like to either have an extra set of barrels made for it - or find a set of 30" barrels with the proper chokes (or screw-ins) for it.

The Browning website says they don't offer extra barrels, but I've got to believe there's a way around that.

Failing that, does anyone know a good source of aftermarket barrels for the Belgian Browning?

Thanks.

John Wolfington
Wilmington, DE

·
Registered
10,360 Posts
Not a good project. Find a donor gun and see if barrel set will fit. If not, sell donor gun and get your money back.

Many parts hand fitted.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Contact Art's Gunshop and Midwest Gun Works. Both do a lot of Superposed work and have barrels from time to time.

Ken Rucker

·
Registered
209 Posts
I cannot remember seeing a 20ga B25 with 30" barrels. Did they make them? I think your chances of finding used 30" barrels is very slim if they made them. There was a person posting on Shotgun World who was trying to make a 16ga Superposed and supposedly had a quote of about $2000 to turn an existing set of barrels (probably with a bulge or otherwise bad) into a monobloc and fit new 16 ga barrels. This seemed awfully low to me, but it is the only way I would see to produce a set of 30" 20 ga Superposed barrels. I predict it would be very expensive.

·
Registered
7,211 Posts
I entertained getting a single barrel made for my Superposed ST-100 but when I priced out just the forend parts and then how much for the actual barrels...I got cold feet. The gun BTW cost C$3750 in 1980 and the cost of the project was more than that. A donor gun sounds like a good idea....and you have the advantage of several top flight gunsmiths with Browning Superposed experience.

Ron Burr

1 - 8 of 8 Posts