Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see Browning is going to be selling Winchester ammo packaged in Browning's signature black livery including trap loads. I'd bet they'll charge a premium for the privilege too. Why the hell would anyone buy them if that's the case? I remember the last time I shot Browning trap loads back in the 80's. Rebranded European stuff that kicked like a 3" magnum goose load.

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FN (Fabrique Nationale) own the Winchester firearms brand but Winchester Ammunition is still owned by Olin Corporation.

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
S&W used to sell shot shells that where actually head stamped Alcan. Must of thought they could make money at it.
The S&W ammo we sold at the gun shop I worked at was crap. Dangerous crap at that. Had some 30-30 and .22LR blow ups with S&W ammo. It was manufactured by IVI in Quebec back then. S&W replaced the affected firearms, a Marlin 336 and a Marlin 39A.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
The S&W ammo we sold at the gun shop I worked at was crap. Dangerous crap at that. Had some 30-30 and .22LR blow ups with S&W ammo. It was manufactured by IVI in Quebec back then. S&W replaced the affected firearms, a Marlin 336 and a Marlin 39A.
Interesting . Never new anyone who shot it. Since you had experience can you tell me how the 39a blew up ?

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Interesting . Never new anyone who shot it. Since you had experience can you tell me how the 39a blew up ?
I wasn't working in the store when that gun came in but was told it was a squib load (or 3) that stuck in the barrel followed by a serious overload and split the barrel. That was 30+ years ago so my memory is a bit foggy. IVI had major trouble with it's Imperial branded 22LR ammo too. Caused major blowback in my Browning BL-22.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts