Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why doesn't browning put adj. ribs on more of their guns? i know that they make the bt99 AR but it is only introduced to specific dealers. i believe that if browning reintroduced the plus model guns with or without adj Gracoils they would be able to compete with the modern trap guns.

·
Banned
10,106 Posts
All Browning ever needed to make a super competitive trap gun was take a Plus, strengthen the adjustable rib, use decent comb hardware, add a Gra-coil or similar unit, come in at a reasonable price point and they'd own the market!!

·
Registered
607 Posts
When browning discontinued the plus and came out with the bt100 I told them the exact same thing. If they would have applied the adjustability part of the plus to the 100, they couldn't have kept up with the sales. Their marketing evidently isn't doing a very good job. Tim

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I agree with oleolliedog and TD1958. Browning could do some simple things like suggested here and offering single barrels as an aftermarket accessory for their XT's and they would own the market. IMO Browning is a lot of gun for the money. But Browning does what Browning wants to.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Not much more to say except I agree. I've been a Browning fan since I started trap. One more thing, they could improve is their popularity by fixing their factory service and offering non-ported barrels.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
I was in Vandalia the summer they had discontinued the Plus guns. I asked one of the reps, in the Browning building, the reason it had been discontinued. He said, "They quit making it because people didn't like all of the adjustable parts on it."

"I don't know." would have been more truthful.

Bob Falfa

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
They quit making the Plus guns because the recoil system was poorly engineered and incredibly ugly and, as with the BT-100, they weren't profitable enough or popular enough to continue making them.

-Gary

·
Registered
366 Posts
I believe that if they built the Citori Plus combo today and mass marketed it the gun would be a huge success (even without the recoil system).

Reliable gun with adjustable ribs on the top single and the o/u. What's not to like? That gun was ahead of it's time.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have owned a Citori Plus for about 2 1/2 years now. It is my favorite gun, period. I have owned quite a few shotguns through the years, but the Citori is by far my most favorite. The fit I have been able to achieve is better than anything else I have had. I know it is not the most graceful or good looking trap gun ever made, but it does the job better and more comfortably than any other I have personally owned.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I just recently bought a Browning XT Unsingle,which came with the adjustable rib, and comb, sent the stock off to Rods Custom Stocks for an RAD II and never looked back. What trap gun that one is. WOW!!! Woody

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Cynergy has not been accepted like the XT. Anyone looking for a well balanced nice swinging unsingle this one is sweet. The XT unsingle is the best bang for the dollar right out of the box. Wish they made a adjustable aluminum rib on the xt o/u in 30" like on the unsingle. I'd buy one today.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
ReconDoc, I think you and thunder have hit the nail on the head.... If I could just find an unsingle barrel someone didn't want a King's ransom for. I sent my XT to Rod's a while back. Beautiful job with RAD and adjustable comb....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts