Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good trap GUN! What are differences between Browning 725 and XT?
And what are differences between Citori and Cynergy? Would welcome input from anyone as I am trying to settle on one of these I was considering a Beretta 682 but I really like the Browning. Trying to figure out what are differences between models. As price is factor seems citori is less than cynergy and XT less than 725. Hard determining other differences so would like all help I can get
Papa Patch
Patrick

·
Registered
928 Posts
If you are considering an O/U with 32" barrels, then I would suggest the 725 model. It handles and balances quite well at 32" - the Cynergy and XT models I would say are going to feel barrel heavy. BTW, in trap dress ... the XT is a Citori. Also, there will be slight differences in feel and fit. The grip (for instance) feels different between all 3 ... in terms of grip radius and palm swell. You really need to handle each one to see which you like the best. I would say, in terms of performance & reliability - they are all performers and winners.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Blusky couple club members have offered to let me shoot theirs most aren't set up right for me and the owner of the 725 wanted to be first to shoot a 25 w/ it although I told him no worry about me to shoot a 25. But after I left Sun He shot his 25 so next time I see him should get chance to shoot it.I am leaning toward 725 but trying to find difference between models as price will play role or time frame to purchase shootin 1100 now just doesn't fit right

·
Registered
518 Posts
Suggest you go with the new kid on the block--the 725. Hopefully Browning will still have parts long after you do not need them. Also spend the extra few dollars a get the adjustable comb incase you lose or gain weight. And shoot a 30 inch barrel to see if you like it. A lot of guys I know as they get older go to the shorter and fast pointing 30 inch. As for the adjustable comb I like the after market comb hardware better then Brownings better "idea" which you have to adjust thru the butt plate.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I would think the 725 would be the better choice. I hear the XT is on its way out and I would bet the Cynergy is also going to be halted.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Any sources goose2? I hear plenty of keyboard warriors spouting off the same nonsense, but not one single creditable source of such information. Gunshop bull chit...

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Rubicon, I only go by what I was told. Call Joel Etchen guns and ask him. I would damn sure believe him before I would believe what most people have to say and you mite fall into that category.

·
Sky Buster
4,029 Posts
I was told by a Browning Rep at the SHOT Show that the Cynergy
was on life support. Poor sales. They feel the 725 will be
a good seller.

·
Registered
Ktieghoff K-80 super sport one plantation, one gold super scrol
292 Posts
I own a cynergy unsingle set, 2 barrel the unsingle is the best gun I have shot, for trap. IT IS NOT DUAL purpose, 34" and 32" double. the double works for both but is a bit heavy. unsingle swing great. have 5-6 friends that have this set all love it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts