Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon Trap shooters,

Looking for reviews on the Browning 725 Trap Max. Been looking at upgrading from my CZ All American Trap Combo and I have all but settled on the 725 Trap Max. Haven't been able to find a lot of reviews on them, or any used ones for sale. Anyone here had hands on one?

·
What squad am I on?
Lots of different guns...
8,024 Posts
I think if you're looking at the max, you need to look at the Guns Unlimited Exclusive 725's. For the money of the Max, you can get an adjustable combo. Just doesn't seem to make much sense buying an O/U when you can get a combo of the same gun.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hadn’t looked in to the combo. I liked the Gracoil that comes on the trap max but it looks like you could get that on the combo from GU as well

·
Registered
245 Posts
I shot one at a gun demo. I liked the gun, but didn’t care for the gracoil. It had no recoil, but I didn’t feel like I had a solid hold in my shoulder. Maybe a person can adjust the gracoil stiffer, but I would compress it a half inch with mounting the gun. Like I said it was also a demo so I didn’t tinker with the gun. Other then The gracoil and maybe it would be something I would get use to it was a great gun.

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
I have one from GU but haven’t been able to shoot it yet. I made some preliminary adjustments to fit me and it feels good. The rib will adjust down to 50/50 on both barrels. Seems like it will go up to 100%. It has a small thumbwheel with positive clicks and short lines to mark the height position. The Gracoil is what I would call midway as far as recoil absorption and the LOP was 14” out of the box. It’s a beautiful gun and I think I will shoot it very well. I just need a chance to get out to the gun club.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have one from GU but haven’t been able to shoot it yet. I made some preliminary adjustments to fit me and it feels good. The rib will adjust down to 50/50 on both barrels. Seems like it will go up to 100%. It has a small thumbwheel with positive clicks and short lines to mark the height position. The Gracoil is what I would call midway as far as recoil absorption and the LOP was 14” out of the box. It’s a beautiful gun and I think I will shoot it very well. I just need a chance to get out to the gun club.
Does the GU combo come with the high grade wood? I like the adjustability of both options. I keep my current unsingle set to 90/10 POI and as a guy that’s 6’4 I keep my LOP set long too.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I owned one of the GU adjustable combos a couple months ago and while it is a nice gun for a nice price it’s still a Browning and they come from the factory with zero offset. They are a neutral stock so if you desire a lot of offset this stock is not for you. You can adjust the comb some if you have an adjustable comb but I think the comb will only move from dead center a 1/4”- 3/8”. Just a heads up before you invest.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Going to list mine in FS section this weekend, bought new from Joel Etchen. Loved its total adjustability but shoot my K6 better.

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
Does the GU combo come with the high grade wood? I like the adjustability of both options. I keep my current unsingle set to 90/10 POI and as a guy that’s 6’4 I keep my LOP set long too.
Yes it does. I posted a couple of pics of mine in another thread about this gun. very nice wood.

·
What squad am I on?
Lots of different guns...
8,024 Posts
what will you be asking for it? And where are you located? I may be interested.
Syracuse NY. $4200 plus shipping but a FTF would help if you’re close.
Careful, See the forum rules for buying/selling, particularly rule #1...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts