Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some friends that may be interested in the 725. They would mainly shoot Sporting Clays. Personally, I would use 725 Trap with Monte Carlo stock. Are the ribs the same on Trap model and the high rib Sporting Clays model? The dad is about 67 and his sons are 6' + . I feel they would like 32 inch, but dad might be more comfortable with 30".

Your thoughts and suggestions please.

Charlie

·
Registered
189 Posts
The ribs are definitely different between the two. I did not like the looks of the sporting model and went with the trap, which I have since upgraded to the Guns Unlimited combo. It was a personal preference for me.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Get the 725 Trap with a adjustable comb. That will give you the ability to raise or lower it depending on what game you are shooting. I have a good friend who bought a 725 high rib sporting that is also nice but I prefer the forearm and added weight of the Trap. I shoot my 725 Trap for Trap, Skeet and sporting clays and it does very well.

·
Registered
10,217 Posts
The forearm is totally different between the two. The wood is the same grade and finish, but the Sporting gun has a 1/16 wider tapered rib, The stock is different. Lower in the comb and higher in the heel (on Sporting). The length of pull is longer too (Sporting). Sporting model is about 9 oz's lighter as well. Sporting model lists about $200 more as well. So there are a # of major differences between the two. Hope this helps ya out. break em all Jeff

·
Registered
291 Posts
I cannot figure out how the 725 trap in 30" barrels @ 8# 7 oz is 15 ounces heavier than the 725 high rib sporting in 30" barrels (7# 8 oz). So far we have only been able to compare a 30" low rib sporting to the 32" high rib sporting and the Mrs noticed the 2 oz difference. She was also able to compare the 725 Trap to the sporting guns and found the trap version noticeably heavier.

I just wish we could find where those 15 ounces went.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts