Trapshooters Forum banner

Browning 725 Question

1171 5
Ok I need some opinions, I have a 725 Golden Clays that I am sending the barrels out to be reblued. My question is I pulled my set off one of my other 725 and the barrels fit up on the Golden Clays and lock up and forearm locks in. You think I would be ok using that combo till my original barrels come back? I wanna stay with same stock/receiver till end of season. Thanks in advance
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
13,498 Posts
If I were in your shoes!!! I would not shoot your other barrels unless they were fitted by a Browning Authorized Dealer!!! Unless you have this dealer close by? I'm sure it would be cost ineffective to ship it to a dealer!!! Why can't you just shoot the other shotgun the barrels came off of??????
You might want to send your barrel to Phillips gunsmithing for re-bluing. If you Let them do the work. I expect you could talk to one of the gun tech's, to see what you need to look for, when you install your other set of barrels on Golden Clays receiver!!! Maybe you can find out over the phone if your good to go? Or if you should hold off, and have the barrels fitted for what-ever reason? Phillips is one of the best all around Browning shops around that I know of. If anyone knows the answer to your question. It would be them I would trust. Good Luck to Ya. break em all jeff

· Premium Member
6,285 Posts
The things to check on the barrel swap.
1 Does it lock up tight and the position of the top lever.
2 How well does the forearm fit.
3 When test firing with empty hulls. Does it cock both triggers when you break it open and do the ejectors appear to be in time.
If all those things are working you can give it a try.
Henry

· Registered
2,393 Posts
Ok I need some opinions, I have a 725 Golden Clays that I am sending the barrels out to be reblued. My question is I pulled my set off one of my other 725 and the barrels fit up on the Golden Clays and lock up and forearm locks in. You think I would be ok using that combo till my original barrels come back? I wanna stay with same stock/receiver till end of season. Thanks in advance
Can you wait until the end of the season to get the barrels re-blued?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.