Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure someone would be able to answer my question. What is POI of the new 725 Pro Trap? I looked at a new one Saturday and like it. I'm used to a 60/40 gun right now.

·
Banned
197 Posts
70/30 according to Browning. Actually, Browning customer service told me that all their trap guns are factory 70/30 unless it's a specialty gun like the 80/20 BT-99's at Gun's Unlimited.

·
Administrator
8,666 Posts
Ultimately you have to look at a couple basic things that are important to vertical POI. Everyone's face is a bit different so how the gun comes to your cheek on the comb and comb height will have a lot to do with that.I would recommend purchasing a 725 with a adjustable comb for comfort and POI adjustment.My dad's 725 is set up for 9 inches high which is what a lot of shooters call 80/20. When I shoot his 725 it patterns a bit higher. WHen we started pattern testing his 725 34in. bottom single when he first got it with the comb at it lowest adjustment it patterned almost completely flat for him. In ref. to how we set the adjustment on the rear of the rib and the front we brought the rear up 10 clicks and the front down till the bead alignment was comfortable for him which is with the center bead just a touch more into the center bead than figure eight.In ref. to saying ok they are 70/30 from the factory I will use the example of a Ljutic Mono gun that Im shooting right now. Many ref. the mono gun as 70/30 but when I patterned it with the comb all the way down it was just over 9 in high.

·
Banned
197 Posts
I'm pretty sure the manufacturers POI measurements and testing are done with the gun in a rest so there's no human variable. But I agree, your actual results may vary depending on how you hold/mount the gun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts