Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I've owned many a shotgun but no P guns or K80's but that said, for $2,500 you cannot beat it, period. Good pointer and balance, and the factory chokes are outstanding and yes, I've owned Mullers and all the others except Teague and Extreme. I added an Isis and shoot 1 1/8 oz. @ 1250fps. in registered shoots - no problem on the recoil.

·
Banned
311 Posts
How can you say the 725 is no different than the 625, 525, 425? They do not have mechanical triggers. That alone makes the 725 a better shotgun.
Fred

·
Registered
149 Posts
It is not mechanical . Try to put a 410 tube in it.
It is a nice gun, my son has one! But no need to write home about it.
Boehler

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I do know that the 725 field model is the first 12 gauge Citori field model that is not railroad crosstie heavy and does not carry like a fence post. Thinking about getting one of the field models.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Boehler, you need to do some research:

FIRE LITE MECHANICAL TRIGGER

The exclusive new Fire Lite Mechanical Trigger is a big part of the Citori 725's performance package. Unlike an inertia trigger, Fire Lite does not rely on recoil to set the next shot, instead, you get immediate second shot capability. The innovative design features reduced take up, a crisp break and shorter overtravel

·
Registered
772 Posts
Boehler is correct, they are not true mechanical triggers. The sporting clay shooters have to send them to Briley for conversion to get them to shoot subgauge loads. Many posting on the sporting forums.

William

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I don't know why they would have to have the trigger reworked..........mine functions with the gun EMPTY as well as with sub gauge tubes. If it relied on recoil to set the second barrel it certainly wouldn't work with the gun empty. Everyone I've had come thru my shop works .

Ken Rucker

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Well, it's kinda a mystery in it self. I had Briley tubes installed and they (Briley) would not do it without a trigger job - so they did it - I wanted the tubes. It works fine.

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
I looked at several trap models at the Shot Show. Kurt, the Browning rep told me the combo traps would be available in either a top single or a bottom single at a later date. He didn't specifically say when though. I really like the way these new models handle! I know too the chances of both barrels being properly regulated for POI is better with Browning's than much higher priced guns!

4th down, did you read what Ruck said above?

HAP

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
My 725 works firing both barrels on snap caps. I am not a gunsmith or expert and I don't shoot with tubes, but like Ruck said, mine will fire both barrels empty. Martinpicker

·
Registered
31 Posts
I shoot a 32" 725 sporting model with about 40,000 rounds thru it. The gun ATMO is much improved over the 525/625 format. The triggers are much better, they have a crisp break. I don't shoot tubes but the hammers will drop on empty chambers. I have added a kick eze pad and little bit of weight in the stock, the gun now balances at the hinge pin.

The lower profile receiver and improved stock dimensions allow for a much more lively gun over previous models. The gun is lighter than previous models.

The new choke tubes with the seal, and relocated threads up at the muzzle end do seem to stay cleaner in the thread area. The internal bore of the chokes gets just about as plastic fouled as previous.... maybe just a little less.

I have on occasion (maybe four times... three with gloves) trapped the trigger. I use the thin trigger shoe.

I like the re-contoured barrels they just look so much better w/o the flared end.

The gun still has the origional Hi-viz light pipe, I use the small white pipe and I am thinking about removing it all together.

I wish they made this gun w/o porting.

Highly recommend this gun.

Bryan

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yes, with snap caps it does fire off both barrels. But it will not fire both off
with sub gauge loads. If you do not believe me, call Briley.
Boehler

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Hap, I don't know the ins and outs of it but Jess Briley told me they wouldn't fit the tubes without a trigger job - they had been there and done that so to speak. And, yes, before I took the gun to Briley they would fire on snap caps. Before the Briley work the triggers were the best ever by Browning. I stand by my original thoughts when I first shot the gun - best Browning OU ever or at least better than the 525/625 which I had. What do you want in an OU for $2500? Are they as good as a Zoli for $6000 or a Max Lite Kolar for $10,000, probably not, but $2500 is $2500.

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
4th down, I wonder if others have tried, besides Briley, to use the .410s and 28 ga tubes as is?

The fact the triggers work without a shell being fired and not work when fired with those two sub gauges is a real mystery in my view?? It just doesn't make good common sense to me?

Is that possibly a Briley requirement on ALL O/Us being fitted for sub ga. tubes??

HAP

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have tried and it will not work. I own one, I thought the same thing that it should work. 20gauge does not need trigger modification. Only 410 & 28.
Boehler

1 - 20 of 27 Posts