Trapshooters Forum banner

Browning 725 adjustible rib trap combo from Guns Unlimited.

3820 Views 23 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  kbi
34 inch unsingle 32 inch over under.Does anybody have any experience with this set up? I'm a new shooter just started last year.Currently shooting a BT 99 for singles averiging just under 92. Just started shooting doubles a mounth ago and really like the doubles game. As of now I use a citori lightning for doubles.I really like Browning guns tho.Any comments or recomendations would be apperciated thanks.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
3,908 Posts
I've picked up several, great feeling guns. I have been impressed with these guns, they feel lively in my hands. I would buy this combo if I were starting over, however, I already have my old gun. Some people have problem going from top single to unsingle, I would try someones unsingle before purchasing. Good luck.
Charlie

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankyou Charlie we are shooting Karens cup at Cardinal next week. I have shot a few unsingles that my friends let me try one was a Kolar trap max. Whay i like about Cardinal is that the vendors will let you demo guns so I may try one out there.

· What squad am I on?
TriStar TT15
8,771 Posts
Thankyou Charlie we are shooting Karens cup at Cardinal next week. I have shot a few unsingles that my friends let me try one was a Kolar trap max. Whay i like about Cardinal is that the vendors will let you demo guns so I may try one out there.
The last time Guns Unlimited was at the Cardinal Center they did not have a demo available. I will be there Saturday and Sunday and have the exact combo you're talking about. While it's not for sale, PM me and we can try to hook up at some point and I'll let you shoot mine... granted, it's setup for me as my backup but you'll be able to get a feel for it.

· Premium Member
807 Posts
I can tell you, .... you won't be disappointed~! I have owned mine for about 2 years now, same gun from GU.. absolutely love it. Have purchased about 15 guns the last 2 years, this combo is a keeper. I mainly shoot the unsingle, but occasionally shoot the O\U, as it just so happens the last 2 weeks, I've been shooting the O\U.... I basically shoot the same with either barrel without a hitch. This gun is a keeper for me. It's been flawless. When I 1st purchased it, it was tight as can be to open, so while I was breaking it in, I continued buying other guns and shooting them, although I liked several of the other guns, I kept going back to the combo, eventually, I settled on it. Today, you couldn't "pry this gun from my cold dead hands"! Good luck!

· Premium Member
1,338 Posts
I have one of these combos, but mine is the (slightly) older variant with an adjustable rib on the unsingle barrel only. One less degree of freedom in terms of setup, but for me it works just fine. Set up Gracoil and comb with the O/U barrel set and then tweak the rib on unsingle so that POI is the same. I shoot mostly singles with the unsingle barrel and really like it.

Out of my Brownings it's the one I shoot the best. If you like Brownings, I wouldn't hesitate to get one.

· Registered
13,547 Posts
I'd wait awhile if I were you. 5 grand is a lot of cash for a New Combo that has a poor trigger IMO. Keep shooting what you have for now. Adjustable ribs will not buy you more targets. They can screw up shooters who try to adjust them every time they miss a target though!!! Save your cash for more targets and shells right now and practice and take lessons!!!! Buy a nice O/U (if you feel the need?) with a 60/40 POI and use it for Trap/Skeet/Sporting Clays. A do all O/U if you will. Get one with a 32 inch barrel. Look for a used Zoli, or a used CG in a O/U if you prefer. Then you can always purchase a new/used Single Trap Barrel for it down the road when your ready to up-grade your BT-99??? If you prefer the fit of Browning's over these two models? Look into buying a used Krieghoff M-32 O/U shotgun. IMO, K-guns will fit more like Brownings. While Zoli's and CG's will fit more like Beretta's!!! Good Luck on your Journey. break em all Jeff

· Registered
407 Posts
I have the GU combo and love it. I have the O/U set up for singles and doubles. Once set up I have not touched any adjustments. The unsingle has the rib adjusted for my handicap yardage and I leave it alone until I am punched to a different yardage if needed. I haven't heard of anyone sending in their Browning for an annual tune up like some of the precision made firearms. Buy what you can afford and take out a loan for what you can't.

· Premium Member
807 Posts
For the record... I have no issues with the trigger on the 725 combo, and as for the adjustable rib ... great addition along with adjustable comb. Once I got everything dialed in .... I haven't touched it. I also just got back from the range, shot a 23, 24,24,24 .... in the wind... using the 34" unsingle .. love that gun..

· Registered
2,014 Posts
I bought my XT unsingle and my 725 unsingle from GU. Happy, happy, happy... I don't have the combo, just the unsingle.

I bought my 725 at the Cardinal from GU. Nothing but good things to say about both of them, but I am a Browning cheerleader.

You get are getting a lot of gun for the money with that new combo IMO.

Doug

· Registered
704 Posts
I have one with both barrels that have adjustable ribs. I love it. Mine has a great trigger and the stock with adjustable comb fits me like a glove. It's a keeper. GU told me that they are having a hard time getting them, and they are held up at the port of entry. The people at GU are great to deal with.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.