Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Not counting the golden clays versions,

As best as I understand, the only sporting 525's they made that were not grade 3's were 12 gauge, some of those were grade 1's. All the sub gauge sporting models were grade 3.

They did make some field grade 16's that had the metal engraving that was less fancy than the sporting versions.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
They make special order runs all the time. I would think you could contact them-- maybe even by email

Regards from Iowa

Gene

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's a picture of my 525 Grade III 16 gauge. I've seen another 525 16 gauge at our gun club, but not sure if it was a grade III. JW
brdslayr_2010_23118.jpg

·
Registered
10,867 Posts
Thanks for the pics there J.W.!!! Must be a bear to get chokes for. LOL. There was no mention of l6 gauge in the Grade III/IV or the Grade I's or the hunting/ Field guns as well. The Field guns/ and grade III/IV's were made in all 4 gauges as well, just with shorter barrels. Grade I's only in 12ga. Break-em all. Jeff

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well this deal is starting to turn bad for me. Guy I bought the gun from forgot to include the 5 factory extended 16 gauge chokes. Says he mailed them on the 23rd of December. I still have not gotten them and now he does not answer my phone calls. So I've got a gun and no choke tubes. Suoppose there is still a chance that they will show up in the mail, but I'm starting to stress. JW

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
this is the reason why I now ship everything with a tracking number.

where is the seller located? how far is he from you? I know when I bought an item from a seller on here over the summer, he lived out in the middle of nowhere and his post office was super slow in processing my package and sending it off to the main distro center....

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm in Washington, he's in Nebraska. Said it was sent priority mail, no tracking, no insurance. Nothing in the mail today. JW

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update, seller got home from the weekend and the chokes were back at his house. Wrong zip code on package. At what point in its transportation to me did it head back? If you had the city and state correct and wrong zip code, it shouldn't have left the first post office. Supposedly on their way again to me. JW

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got em today. Been loading shells ever since. I think Saturday is gonna be 16ga day. T-Roy, is yours on the way yet. JW

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Took the 16 out this morning hunting prior to going to the range for the first time. Right off the start a mallard came into the decoy spread and I dropped it. 7/8oz of steel 2's. Felt like I shot a .410 load, but it was dead. Next I shot at a goldeneye with the same load without much success. Decided I'd rather shoot my bismuth reloaded 2's so I loaded up with those for whatever came in next. All of a sudden my partner starts goose calling and here comes a pair. The pair of geese come right into the goose decoys that we have. He calls out "take em". I hear him shoot and I pull up on the second one and "poof". Load doesn't even clear the wad from the barrel. I try the top barrel, but the Browning doesn't have mechanical triggers and won't fire. I bring the gun down, smack the butt with my hand and get off a shot with the goose going away. Partner then gets off one shot at it also. So there I am looking at his dead goose in disbelief what happened to me. I knew I would never forget blowing that shot. About 5 minutes later, here comes a boat and heads right for our decoys. Guy in boat stands up and says "you guys want the other one". Guess they watched it drop out of sight from where we were and found us. I thanked em and they tossed the goose out of the boat so my dogs could swim out and get it. Thanks again boat guys, you made my day. JW

·
Registered
10,867 Posts
JW, Sounds like a very nice first day of hunting. Next time you get a blooper just slide back the safty and move forward again and your ready to fire. I hope you never need to remember that. Break-em all. Jeff

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.