Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
15,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did Browning ever offer a 32" sporting clay gun with a flat narrow (8mm-ish) parallel rib? It seems like everything I've looked at is either wide or wider, not quite a Broadway style rib, but not a field rib either.

· Registered
13,503 Posts
My 525 sporting has a tapered rib. It measures out at 10mm to 7mm. Very similar to Krieghoffs current rib of 10mm to 6mm!!!

My BT-100 trap single shotgun. Has the same rib. Its a tapered rib that measures out at 10mm to 7mm.

Hope this helps you out. I had to pull both of my guns out of the safe to measure them for Ya. break em all jeff

· Registered
323 Posts
FN made a number of 32" Sporters in D2 Grade in the 2000's , I acquired one, used, from a Texas Dealer specializing in sporting guns. Gun was originally imported by Charles Schnieble at BSA Millbrook, NY. I have seen a couple of dozen ( no exaggeration) narrow (game) rib sporters variously marked Browning or FN , or both, in both single guns and matched driven pairs in use in the U.K.
Mine was an 8 mm flat rib originally bored 1/4 and 3/4 but had Teague thin walls ins place when I bought it..... Went on several high volume So. American and European hunts with me. It now belongs to a shooter in Kentucky.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.