Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This rifle, Mint/NIB, is exceedingly rare and collectible and some hard core Browning collector shoould be all over it. I've seen some amazing Browning collections at "Display Shows" and I'm sure those guys would covet this baby. Even a regular Trombone, NIB, is rare, so this one is really something special.

-Gary

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe the Browning Trombone was kinda like the Winchester M61 of Europe but some came here and they were good hunting guns. And this one is just nuts.

-Gary

·
Registered
992 Posts
As a x Browning collector these guns were never sold in the USA on a retail level. They were sold in Canada and at one time just about every trapper carried one. The last ones that sold retailed at $69.00 believe that or not. This one is the standard grade and is very nice. Every once in a while a group will put a order together a order of "special" Trombones and Browning will run them. PS I picked up a used one this fall from Cabelas in Edmonton for $700.00 no box and in about 90 percent. From a collector point of view if you want one this would be the one to buy as it is new in the box. Trevor Dawe.

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The metal is not engraved and therefore might be described as "standard grade" but nobody should confuse the wood and its checkering as standard grade. All the standard grade ones I've seen had plain flutes on the forend (much closer pitch than those on a Winchester 61) and no checkering on the pistol grip or anywhere else.

-Gary

1 - 7 of 7 Posts