Trapshooters Forum banner

Browning 2000

3786 Views 20 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Spencer78
Did Browning make a “Browning 2000” and a “Browning B2000” or are these the same gun?

The standard serial number starts 611, the trap version starts with 641. Was the only difference between the standard and trap the stock (Standard vs Monte Carlo) and the barrel
(Single bead on end vs bead on end/mid bead) or were there other differences?

Thanks in advance!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
12,998 Posts
The B-2000 semi auto was made from 1974 to 1980 . The main difference in the trap models was basically just the middle bead and a trap stock with better wood. The 2000 did not gain popularity and only had a 6 year run. The design was copied off of the Browning "Double Auto" with a loading gate on the left side of the receiver. . The main difference being that the Double Auto only held 2 shells. They were sort of an odd duck ,and I only saw a limited few on the trap line. If you saw somebody shooting one in dim light it was a hoot to see fire come out of 3 different places --The barrel, ejection port, and the hole for the loading gate on the left side of the receiver ! :)

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The B-2000 semi auto was made from 1974 to 1980 . The main difference in the trap models was basically just the middle bead and a trap stock with better wood. The 2000 did not gain popularity and only had a 6 year run. The design was copied off of the Browning "Double Auto" with a loading gate on the left side of the receiver. . The main difference being that the Double Auto only held 2 shells. They were sort of an odd duck ,and I only saw a limited few on the trap line. If you saw somebody shooting one in dim light it was a hoot to see fire come out of 3 different places --The barrel, ejection port, and the hole for the loading gate on the left side of the receiver ! :)
so the B-2000 and Browning 2000 is the same gun?

· Registered
320 Posts
B-2000 and Browning 2000 are same gun.
‘As noted before differences between trap/skeet guns and field guns were middle bead/front bead set-up and stocks.
‘Also note - gas ports were same size regardless of chambering/usage- determining factor in how heavyload could be shot was based on internal recoil springs etc

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here is the Browning 2000. I believe it to be a 30” full choke barrel. I cannot find where it would say the barrel length or choke of the firearm. It does need a good cleaning, but overall appears to be in great condition for its age, serial number dates it 1976.

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You have a very nice B200 trap to shoot!
Doug
Doug,

Thank you for that info, this firearm shoots really well. I’ve only been shooting trap a couple of months! I have this B2000 and a Browning Citori Special Trap Edition O/U. After using your info, the barrel is indeed 30” and the choke is a “Full” as shown by the single asterisk in the picture. The firearm was sold to me as a 26” barrel with IM choke. Needless to say when it arrived, I was thrilled!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.