Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year I had the urge to buy a new 20 gauge Browning so I pulled up Guns Unlimited and bought a Special Edition Sporting Clays in 20 gauge. Sent it of to Rods Custom Stocks to have an RAD II installed got it back a couple weeks later and started shooting it off and on to get it set up for me, shot decent scores with it then shot some 23s, 24s and an occaisional 25, last night I took it to the club for our Thursday evening gathering, started with a 23 then a 22, followed those up with 50 straight for a 95 for the evening. I guess I will shoot it again this Sunday afternoon, now that I have shot 50 straight I am looking forard to 100 straight, I know it can be done. There are not many serious trap shooters in our club, just 4 ATA shooters. I also shoot an XT Trap O/U in 12 gauge, pretty consistant 49 and 50s.Maybe after I break 100 straight with the 20 gauge I will get myslf a 28 gauge.hoot 7/8 oz of 8 1/2s from the 16 in the 20 gauge and 1 oz in the 12 bore only been shooting for 5 years, I'm 76 and have no intention of slowing down any time soon.
Woody

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I just ran 50 straight singles last night with my 12ga Crossover and just 7/8 oz of 8's at 1170fps. These Browning sporting guns just shoot very good.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can spend mor money but I don't think you will have a better gun. I ahve been shooting mine for 5 years and love them. Kolar and all the others may be fancier but they don't shoot any better. It isn't the arrow, it's the Indian if you know what I mean.
Woody

·
Registered
11,126 Posts
We know what you mean Woody!!! Congrats on the 50 with your new 20 ga.!!! Hope the 100 will not elude you very long as well. Looks like the BUG has bitten ya. Its hard to get rid of once you start to fall for the smaller bores. Sounds like you have a slight recoil problem if you installed a recoil reducer on a 20 ga. So with that said!!!! I know you will totally enjoy the 28. ga. without a doubt!!! Simply my favorite gauge shotgun to shoot bar none. Breaks targets like a 12 gauge, but kicks like a 410 bore. So!!! Do I have to tell ya now that once you begin to get comfy with the 28 ga. you will be wanting to try the baby bore (410) as well!!!! Trust me on this one!!! The smaller gauges really put fun back into shooting for those who are willing to take the plunge. Best of Luck to ya. break em all. Jeff

·
Registered
10,446 Posts
I bought one of those with the 32" barrel and fixed stock. Briley fitted 28 and 410 Ultimate Ultralite tubes for it, made 2 LTSK chokes so I could have screw chokes in the 28, and converted the trigger for the 410. These guns shoot lights out! They are from another planet with tubes.

This one will break all our Tournament targets with the 410 tubes. I highly recommend tubing your gun. Cut to the chase and get the 410 tubeset. It will break targets at distances you will have to experience to believe.

Wise purchase.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts