Trapshooters Forum banner

brownells shipping sucks

2964 Views 29 Replies 24 Participants Last post by  Chief 701
waiting on a screw-says 4-6 days shipping
the last one took 18 days-returned it only took 3
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
2,071 Posts
I have always had good luck with Brownells...but with the gun panic, the xmas shipping season, and the China cold shipping this is not really the time to complain about shipping times. Last week during a heavy snow UPS dropped a box at our door at 9pm...and it was intended for my neighbor.

· Registered
99 Posts
I ordered three front sight beads from them on Christmas Eve, a Thursday and received them the following Wednesday. I belong to their frequent buyer program (can’t remember what they call it) so I get second day air included. Technically the package should have arrived on Tuesday but I’m not complaining. BTW, if you have more than a couple of larger orders every year, especially heavy ones, their program pays for itself. I’ve just been looking at their website and my receipts and I can’t find the name of their program. It’s kind of like Amazon prime but for cooler stuff.

· Premium Member
2,326 Posts
You guys are lucky, at least you are receiving your order. Over the last year, 4 times I can’t even get an order to leave Midway. First I ordered gloves. They never left Midway even though I had a tracking number, Called them, they shipped them out then later I received the same order I had to send back. Next time it was ear plugs. Same story. They finally shipped a double order twice! then wanted one order back. Next I ordered a loader from them. Waited and waited. Finally called and they had no record of order. Called Mec, they shipped the loader same day then notified Midway they were shipping. Now I’m waiting on an RCBS powder scale. I have two tracking numbers for one scale. One for UPS and one for USPS. I’ll give it a few days and if I don’t get it this time, I’m cancelling and putting it all over the internet. Now I have ordered everything you can imagine over the last year from multiple diverse companies and no one else has acted this way. Now I might have to wait longer than usual but I can track the package. I have no idea what’s going on but I sure wish I could talk to Larry Potterfield. He’s fixing to lose a pretty good customer.

· Registered
1,107 Posts
So many businesses getting the snot kicked out of them right now. When 2/3 of your staff decides it’s better to take the government hand-out rather than come to work, business owners get the ultimate screwing. No big deal, right? Unless it’s your order that can’t get filled because there‘s no one to fill it. Then it sucks for everyone.

For the record, I use Brownell‘s sparingly due to excessive shipping costs but have never had an issue with them. Midway is a whole other enchilada. Larry lost me years ago.

· Registered
434 Posts
I ordered three front sight beads from them on Christmas Eve, a Thursday and received them the following Wednesday. I belong to their frequent buyer program (can’t remember what they call it) so I get second day air included. Technically the package should have arrived on Tuesday but I’m not complaining. BTW, if you have more than a couple of larger orders every year, especially heavy ones, their program pays for itself. I’ve just been looking at their website and my receipts and I can’t find the name of their program. It’s kind of like Amazon prime but for cooler stuff.
It is Brownells Edge program. For $49.95 per year, I like it because it is risk free and a savings if you order a lot. I have used it to place multiple small orders because a certain value order is not required.

Brownells - Firearms, Reloading Supplies, Gunsmithing Tools, Gun Parts and Accessories. See below.

"Your membership is valid for a full 12 months. If you ever decide to leave the program, contact us. We will suspend your membership and, if you haven't used any benefits since your last renewal, refund your payment. As an EDGE member, you will continue to enjoy the unmatched service we've given all our customers for more than 75 years. Your membership brings serious benefits that will greatly enhance your shopping experience."

· Registered
4,111 Posts
You complainers seem unaware of the times. People are in lock down. Mail order is sky high. Carriers are crazy busy and very shorthanded. Crime sky rocketing and nothing is in stock. Manufacturers CAN NOT keep up with demand. Ammo prices doubled if you find any. Sure there are better companies than other, but the majority is due to the overwhelming situation we are in.
p.s. better stock up on toilet paper...

· Registered
1,677 Posts
Guys, delivery sucks right now....

I had a check sent out of Baltimore on the 12th of Nov. I received it on the 2nd of January....

.....and I only live ~ 18 miles south of Baltimore!!!!

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

· Premium Member
1,335 Posts
I also joined the Brownell's Edge shipping program. While I'm as cheap as the day is long I figured it would pay for itself in a few orders, and it has done that. Service has been great. It makes it much more tolerable to place those orders for small assortments of parts you need for a project. You know how that goes when you need $20 worth of parts and would otherwise hold off on the order because you didn't want to spend half as much as the parts on shipping. It's the Amazon Prime membership for firearms parts. No regrets.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.