Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a BT 99 that just had the ejector replaced. My question is, has anyone experienced more broken ejector/extractor problems since shell manufactures went to steel basses?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I have 3 99's. My 1972 will eat anything. My 2005 will eat anything. My 1978 will only shoot brass. I too broke my ejector on that one with steel bases

Reactions: Grumpy one

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I would bet on it. I have seen situations where the shell stuck in the chamber and the ejector went past the rim. To get the hull out you had to not only punch it free, but pull the ejector to the side to get it out of the way.

Also, think about the extra stress on the angle when that hammer hits the ejector and those steel bases are resisting ejection.

Reactions: Grumpy one

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
I would bet on it. I have seen situations where the shell stuck in the chamber and the ejector went past the rim. To get the hull out you had to not only punch it free, but pull the ejector to the side to get it out of the way.

Also, think about the extra stress on the angle when that hammer hits the ejector and those steel bases are resisting ejection.

Actually the ejector hammer hits the ejector extension which in turn moves the ejector upward. The ejector extension is much more prone to breakage then the ejector itself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts