Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an old MEC 600 Jr Mark V and I broke the old bottles for it. Of course, I had just filled them both! Where's the best (cheapest) place to get replacements? I don't have any spare parts for this unit, what is recommended?

·
Thorn in your side
8,112 Posts
MEC, E bay, gun broker, Amazon, local gun shop. It isn't hard to find them.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got an old MEC 600 Jr Mark V and I broke the old bottles for it. Of course, I had just filled them both! Where's the best (cheapest) place to get replacements? I don't have any spare parts for this unit, what is recommended?
Are the brass bottle grommets better than the rubber ones?

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Find your owners manual here:
https://www.mecshootingsports.com/Images/document/600JrMark5.pdf

See the top of page 5 for using the brass washer AND rubber grommet.

You will need to replace the wad guide occasionally, and (if you have upgraded to the Spindex crimp) you should get a spare Spindex crimp. Part numbers are in the manual.

Gamaliel has good prices on MEC parts: Gamaliel Shooting Supply : Mec Replacement Parts

The bottle support system works well to keep from breaking bottles and is a worthwhile up grade. Of course, your old bottles may have been so brittle that nothing would have prevented them breaking.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Most Bass Pros, and Cabelas etc. carry them. Happy Thanksgiving

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Get a soda bottle, rinse and dry well. Many different sizes are available you just have to find one that looks right, drink the contents and use the bottle. I have never used them for a long time, but fine for a temporary fix.

Mike

·
Premium Member
12,013 Posts
Any soda (pop) bottle will work - they have the same thread pattern...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts