Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

· Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone

Today has been a great day. Since April 22nd 2018, my first 25, I’ve been chasing my first 50. It finally happened today! Also, a guy at the club was selling a few items. I picked up a mid 70s 870wingmaster TB model as well. This one has the non-montecarlo standard stock. I was gifted a TB in 2017 so I think I’m going to set this one up for the wife.

All in all today was a good day.

Justin

· Registered
1,122 Posts
Congratulations that's a big one!

My first 25 turned into a 50. That was three years ago, haven't been able to do it since. Probably because I change guns about as often as I change underwear. I can turn in 25s and have shot in the upper 90s but can't seem to string them together. But it's ok my new gun should be in next week!

· Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congratulations that's a big one!

My first 25 turned into a 50. That was three years ago, haven't been able to do it since. Probably because I change guns about as often as I change underwear. I can turn in 25s and have shot in the upper 90s but can't seem to string them together. But it's ok my new gun should be in next week!
It’s funny you say that because I’ve gone through many trap guns the last 3-4 years. Just got my BT99 AR a few months ago. I think I’m going to stick with this one while I save up for my “holy grail” o/u.

· What squad am I on?
TriStar TT15
8,768 Posts
You are 100% correct with both statements lol
@flashmax wrote to me once that "singles should become monotonous, almost boring but not to get complacent" and I can't tell you how great of an impact this has had for my singles game.
Point is, most of us already know what we're doing and how to break a target but we let everything else get in the way. Convince yourself that the only thing keeping you from breaking every target is your own damn brain.

· Registered
1,174 Posts
Hello everyone

Today has been a great day. Since April 22nd 2018, my first 25, I’ve been chasing my first 50. It finally happened today! Also, a guy at the club was selling a few items. I picked up a mid 70s 870wingmaster TB model as well. This one has the non-montecarlo standard stock. I was gifted a TB in 2017 so I think I’m going to set this one up for the wife.

All in all today was a good day.

Justin
(y)

· Registered
1,607 Posts
Just my honest opinion! If Wadhopper had a brain he wouldnt have a Rooster! That said, If he didn't have a rooster he wouldn't have a safe place to sleep! There are trade offs to everything we do!
Girl would not even think if 7 1/5 or 8's were appropriate!!

· Registered
6,588 Posts
congratulations, whenever I get to the last target, I just tell myself get this one and your in the shoot off.
Congratulations.

I tell myself, "see the bird!" The past 49 I have been seeing the bird and letting muscle memory break them. So see the bird, don't over think it see the bird and break the bird.

Al

My first 50 turned into a 75 in the shoot off.
My last 50 snuck up on my league team, to be fair we were all aware that post 5 dropped 50 to finish with a 49.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.